Friday, April 17, 2009

Wow, This Looks Just Like Me, Crabby!

I came across this tonight and I just laughed! This is how I have looked the past couple of days....and it even looks like Higgins peering around the corner!! Ahahahaha!!

I have been crabby and on top of it I have not been home much the past three days due to work and Higgins is missing me. This morning I went in late because I knew that I would be at work until around nine again tonight, and Higgins was so excited that he was playing with me and through his excitement, he bites me. Not intentional and not hard. I yelled at him and he ran to Hubby not knowing what to do. Hubby said he was not used to me yelling at him and it scared him. So when I saw this picture it reminded me of this morning. Poor Higgins!

Anyhoo, one thing leads to another and I start looking at all the Maxine cartoons and of course I am laughing, because, well she is funny! So I thought I would share just a couple of her thoughts on life and stress:
  • The secret to leading a tranquil life is to ignore petty annoyances & save your anger for really serious matters. Like if somebody looks at you funny.
  • To stay relaxed in today's frantic, stressful world, you have to force yourself to stop & put your feet up. I put mine up just high enough to kick the butt of whoever's annoying me.
  • If I had a nickel for everytime I've misplaced my keys, there'd be a jarful of money that I'd also have to look for. (I have lost my office keys one THOUSAND times this week, ALONE!)
  • I work out every day. Mostly frustrations & anger. (Does this count towards my 30 x 5?)
  • All I really want is to be understood. Hence, the yelling.

Trust me, when you can laugh at yourself and recognize your crabbiness, life is good!! The good thing is I have not been crabby to others, it's all inner crabbiness, which is a good thing, for others that is!

6 Comments:

Darla said...

i hope i can bring a little joy to your life this week. i understand those days of crabbiness though, i have them too.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

You yelled at higgies, Patrice what came over you..LOL:) That is so funny he ran to Jeremy, like what is up with her... I love Maxine she tells it like it is. I hope your inner crabiness vanishes this weekend...

H-Mama said...

i can't relate at all. nope. not at all. ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed reading catching up with yours. Glad to meet you! Love the new look in your kitchen - so bright and fresh. Of course, Maxine - gotta love her. I have two dogs who more often than I care to admit look in hesitation around furniture in my crabby moments. :o)

Blessings,
Denise

Penny said...

Very nice! Glad to meet you, too!! =D

Miss Behavin said...

Maxine is my all time favorite!! Imagine that!! lol