Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Review Of How Hubby Gained 5 Pounds Since Friday

Y'all all know that I had surgery on Thursday, and I am on the road to recovery and went back to work today. I will say that the doctor was wrong when he said in 3 or 4 days I would be feeling great, because, trust me it has not been that quick! As I do feel so much better than I did before surgery, the recovery is taking a little longer than 4 days!!

My wonderful Hubby has went above and beyond the call of duty when it came to taking care of me and the house while I have been on the slow, crawl, forever mend! He has cleaned the house, washed all the clothes, cleaned the back deck and back porch and even cleaned all the windows! Wow, he has been amazing!! On top of that, he was there at my beck and call at any whine whimper I would make! My pillows were fluffed and my tea was served with pinks straws!! Aww!

So how did he gain 5 pounds in that short time? It seems will all the cleaning, caring and extra chores that he took on, he would of lost 5 pounds, not gained it!

Well, let me say that we have some pretty fantastic people that surround us!! Friday, the first of several meals started appearing on our door steps, and then again on Saturday, another on Sunday afternoon and then 2 more on Sunday evening!! Wow, we are blown away at our wonderful family and church family, they too, went above the wonderful mark of greatness after my surgery!!

Needless to say, Hubby has completely enjoyed all the wonderful, yumminess that has landed in our kitchen! He he!! He is lucky it was only 5 pounds!

6 Comments:

sara said...

Glad you are on the mend and feeling better! It is only fair that if you lose something, he should gain it...right?!

Annette said...

I see you are back to your old funny self after going under the knife. I hope if I have to have surgery that I get all the yummies too.

Luvvies

Darla said...

yay for a man gaining 5 lbs. it seems to always just be the women gaining in such a short amount of time. and glad you had some great friends and meals.

Jeanette said...

So glad you are feeling better :} You have been on my mind alot lately and I have been praying that all is healing nicely.

Hugs!

Greg C said...

Last evening a big box of fried chicken arrived at our door. Neighors are nice to have. I hope you are feeling better soon.

H-Mama said...

that's awesome. what wonderful friends and family you have!