Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gallbladder & Net Trigger Winner

Today's the day, ugh! I finally made it in to see the surgeon a whole 1/2 early yesterday and miracles never ceasing, there was no wait! After I filled out the paper work, I was whisked into an exam and room and before I could read his diploma on the wall, he was in there! Wow!

My gallbladder only functions at 23% so out it comes. I really like this fella, he even held up a chart to my chest, so I could see where the gallbladder is and exactly where he would be putting the holes in to remove it! Again, wow!

Does that make it any better? Nope, still scared to death, but that's me. After his exam I was taken to another office to schedule the surgery, and she sheepishly smiled and asked is tomorrow good? Trust me, I was frantically scanning my brain for any important to-do's on my list, and could not find any that would justify to my Hubby for saying no, so I reluctantly happily took it. So today, is the day, that I will part with an organ. This has hardly given me anytime to google possible complications and such horror stories that I am so drawn to!

The doctor will be adding the impressive zero's to his portfolio around 1 pm today. I will update you tonight, maybe, good chance it will be tomorrow. If you are on pins and needles, my sis-in-law Jenny, I'm sure will update on her blog, on my traumatic experience. Trust me anytime I am involved in a hospital setting, it's usually tragic, mostly for the staff!

Okay, now for the exciting news of the day, the winner of the Net Trigger giveaway, is.......

Which happens to be......


Congratulations! If you will e-mail me your address (jpdbj at dishmail dot net), I will get this book on it's way to you!

If you were not a happy winner, and do not live in middle Tennessee, go to you local Lifeway store and they will order it for you. Also check out Mark Gregory's website here for more information on his book!

10 Comments:

Robin Lambright said...

I will be praying for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery! I have had multiple surgeries in my life time and I know how stressful and unsettling they can be. The mind goes places it should not go in the hours leading up to a procedure, however it is a wonderful praise that we live in a county with state of the art medical technology and highly trained medical professionals.
It also helps to like your surgeon, that huge!

Blessings
Robin
You will be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am sure all will be fine. Your surgeon sounds like he is a gem! Praying for an easy surgery and speedy recovery!

Darla said...

i will say a prayer for you today, hope you have some peace about it, i hate surgeries too. i'm feeling for ya. take care!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I'll be praying for you today...in fact I woke up praying for you this morning. God is good and you will do great.

H-Mama said...

praying...

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Good luck sis, have Jerm call me later so I know you did o.k.:)

sara said...

I am just getting caught up on some of my blogs....I will be praying today for your surgery and praying it goes as smoothly as mine went!!

Greg C said...

I'm not talking to you BFF. Ok I forgive you for not making me, I mean letting me win. We the non winners still love you and in fact we are praying for you too.

Ron Simpson said...

by the time i post my comment you will most likely be in recovery or out .. but we are praying for ya anyway ..

God's blessings to you

Beverlydru said...

Prayers for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. I'm totally excited I won the book. I'll email you my address. Blessings.