Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The 30 x 5 -100 Challenge!

I have finished the 30 x 5 -100 challenge! Yay! Before you start handing me out the blue ribbon of success, don't.

First, I will have to say, I am proud that once again, I tackled Linda's 30x5 challenge head on like a bull in a china shop, but the first go around I fizzed and the 2nd time, I did start with great gusto, fizzed a little, but finished with a hero's end!

But like Linda says, don't focus on the negative. The positive side is, that I did do, what I did!!

My challenge this time was not the 100 part, I actually did rather well, thanks to the gall bladder surgery and the terrible weekend stomach bug/food poisoning. I lost 7 lbs in three days, and trust me those three days, I was not tempted at all and by ANYTHING with caloric value!

Besides the stomach issues, I really did make good choices. I put thought into what I was eating and skipped somethings that I knew I should not eat. I really thought that this would be the hardest part, but it was really the easiest!

My challenge is actually finding the time to do the exercise, and when I found the time, getting my butt in gear to do it was the issue. I did start walking during this phase and last night, I stopped shy of three miles. My goal is to continue to this each day.

With that being said....thanks Linda! I look forward to your next challenge!

4 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Yay it's over, but wait did she say something about another challenge?? I guess we will have to encourage each other some more:)

Darla said...

good for you Patrice, the only challenge I've done lately is the one where you see just how much you can eat before you feel horribly guilty! hehe. I'm so happy for you being a good girl though. I'm so sorry that we didnt get to meet, darnit. but there will be a next time. i feel strongly that we will be back. :D yay.

Beverlydru said...

Way to go, Patrice. It'll be interesting to see what Part 3 holds.

Greg C said...

I did good on the exercising, it was the 100 part that killed me. Way to go BFF