Monday, April 6, 2009

Plan Your Epitaph Day

Yes, this is a little morbid, but think about it, wouldn't be great to have everything you have always wanted at your funeral??

So who would of even thought about "plan you epitaph" day?? Who would have even thought of such a topic for a special day? A funeral director, perhaps!? When you stop to think about it, maybe it's better if you go ahead and do it, you never know what deranged relative or friend may put on your tombstone once you're gone. What if this were the best chance they had getting back to you on something that you did to make them mad?

Let's have some fun with it just the same! *Big contrast from yesterday's post, "I Will Survive!

Some of you may not know this, but since I as young I have had a saying picked out for my tombstone. Yep, I have instructed my Hubby to put this on my tombstone, word for word, angel included.

Picture this if you will....I do not want a fancy, humongous headstone. Something small and very beautiful will be fine. I do not want all those yucky flowers engraved on my tombstone, nope not for me. Just a plain little 'ol headstone with my name and all the important dates of course, and Hubby and the Kids may put something sappy on it like mom, best friend...whatever they would like or not, like depending on how I act the last few days! BUT, at the very top, I want a cat with angel wings and this saying engraved on the stone...."God was missing an angel, so He called her home!" Awwww, yep, that has to be on there! I have had this saying picked out for so long, and I will simply not rest in peace if it is not on there! Cute, huh?

Basically, that is as far as I have gotten with my funeral planning, everything else will be fine, except it must be a closed casket. I would like to be buried without shoes on, in something comfy of course. I would really prefer no bra also, but I have instructed Hubby that I do not need the TaTa'a all over the place either, so use good judgement!

On a side note, a double headstone will be fine, and Hubby's side, he can have engraved, "Finally able to rest in peace!" He deserves that after living with me for so long!! HA!

6 Comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Are you still on pain meds?

Living to Love said...

hahahahah...That's funny Melissa!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are too funny! I'm with Melissa...are you still on pain meds??? ahhhh ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Annette said...

I think the pain meds are going to your brain or maybe somewhere else???? But yes Queenie Poo all the family knows exactly how the funeral and burial is suppose to go because you have only told us a million times over the years!!!! HeHe....You're so funny....I Wuvvie Duvvie You!!!!

Mrs. Darling said...

Hey I do this all the time. I am soooo into planning my funeral! LOL

I want my headstone to say, "Sssshhh,Dont wake me. I'm finally getting some rest!"

Greg C said...

I think I would like something like "guess who" if I had a tombstone. I think I may just tell my wife to toss me out to sea and let me wash up someplace.