Monday, April 27, 2009

Snakes & Gold Fundraiser For Adoption & Mission Trip

First, the highlight of the day, a snake in the children's lobby!! Picture this...I was sitting at my desk working when Cathy, the lady who cleans, comes running through the office halls hollering for Mike, our Associate Pastor. I am thinking to myself, this must be good! Yep, a little teeny, cutesy snake was sitting there in the corner. So, the ever Mantastically Brave Mike Dugan, strolls on over, in his John Wayne strut, and catches it!

Here's the funny part....April, our Children's Minister.....screaming!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Funny!! Of course she does not think it was funny, but the rest of us did! Oh the fun we have at work!

FUNDRAISER!!!

Okay, here is the deal! April (above) is having a Gold party to help pay for a really quick adoption of a sweet baby boy. Totally a God thing, and you can read about it here @ To Live is to Love . The gold party is on Thursday evening and she gets 10% of what we make for bringing in our old, broken gold. It can be any kind of gold, 10K-18K. I am also trying to wrangle in a few pieces to raise money for my mission trip and in return she makes money for her adoption.

IF you have any thing that would want to part with and donate to me, I will pay your shipping. The bad news is, you will need to mail soon, like tomorrow, so I can get it by Thursday!! Remember my procrastination issue?? Well combine that with the we "thought" we had the stomach bug, but it was food poisoning (yea), and today was the first day I felt well enough to blog!!

All kidding aside, by your donation, you would be helping both of us reach our goal with your gift. If you are interested in helping us my mailing address is

274 Itsmy Lane Woodbury TN 37190. Also if you would shoot me an e-mail to let me know, I would be ever so grateful!!

Thanks so much!!

4 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Oh my goodness, April's face is priceless.

H-Mama said...

you are a braver woman than i. not sure if the words cutesy and snake should be so close together? ;)

Penny said...

I would have died if I had seen that snake!!! Brave souls, that's all I can say, lol!!

Greg C said...

Oh that's just a harmless king snake. For petes sake I thought you had a python in your office or something, lol