Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday, Paint & Tornado's

First let me start by saying, yay, it's Good Friday! What a Mighty Savior we serve, that He died for us on the cross to save our sins!!

So how did we celebrate Good Friday? He had a paint party! Annette, me and Hubby embarked on what turned out to be a roller coaster of a day.

My kitchen is burgundy, decorated kinda of sorta in a Tuscan theme with little cute fat wine guys!! Not anymore, I wanted a drastic change, more of cottage look. After much debate, the color was chosen. A very delicate, almost white, barely blue was the color. So this morning, all excited we start!

Here is one of Annette, trimming away the old color. After a bit, I felt that the blue was just to light and almost white. I really could not see the difference between the white of the molding and this supposed blue that I chose.

Much to my Hubby's dismay, I sent DJ, my oldest, with the other two gallons of paint to town to have them tinted darker. As soon as he was 10 minutes into his trip, my youngest runs in to tell me that there were tornado's on the ground in Murfreesboro, which is where DJ in now on his way too!!

Anxiety panic attack hits! I call him, because he is getting ready to drive through a projected path of the tornado. I have him pull over and wait. Annette, starts to panic because her BreeAnn is missing in action and no where to be found.


Of course the paint party is on hold and major phone calling is underway along with TV watching. Bree is fine and locked in the bathroom at the mall with no way to call out and DJ rode out the tornado and was back on his mission for darker blue paint.

Sadly, three tornado's hit, there has been loss of life and wide spread damage. The news is still coming in. There have been friends of ours affected with their homes being hit. As of right now, Praise God, they are safe with no injuries. Please be in prayer for these storm victims and their families.


We did resume painting and I tried to get a picture of the difference of blues, but my camera would not get the just of it. We will finish tomorrow and I will show picture of the finished product.





4 Comments:

Jeanette said...

We heard the tornado news up our way and I was praying that you were ok. I am sadened by the lose of homes but so thankful that your friends are ok!

I have a burgandy kitchen too but will be painting it within the next few weeks to a lovely shade of taupey gray to work with the new granite countertops :}

Thanks again for all your hard work! I am still on cloud nine :}

Hugs!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

How scary, I get so freaked out if I hear one is near us.

I think the kitchen is going to look beautiful. I liked the burgandy, but I think this color will make your kitchen feel lighter and more airy:)

Annette said...

That was a rough Good Friday!!! Whew!!! Glad it's over.

Darla said...

i heard the tornado news this morning and when they said Murfeesboro, i thought OMG i have to check on Patrice! i'm glad you guys are ok and i'm sorry for the loss to the families involved. it's getting closer to the day i leave to come your way! i'm so excited, i will be there this time next week. i don't have your phone number anymore since i have a new phone but i will need it before i come. do you still have mine?