Friday, June 5, 2009

Hug Your Cat Day, YAY!

I know I talk a lot about Higgins on this blog, but not today!  Kind of, not today, since I just mentioned him….not anymore, at least for today!

Today I will talk about the other furry love of my life…..My Abbey-Baby!!  She is the most precious cat that I have ever owned and I will admit the most spoiled rotten kitty this side of the Mississippi! 

I am her love, her life and the only thing she loves more than me, is well, FOOD!  She loves her food!  As I made it a rule never to discuss her weight, I will say she is a tad on the fluffy side, ahem!  Of course beside her profound love for food, she loves her momma, her 3rd love, is sleep!

Abbey was born on May 1, 1995, and officially she turned 67 years old in cat years this year!  Here are a few pictures of her…keep in mind, the camera does add extra poundage!!

100_0071100_0755    SDC10760

 SDC10771 SDC10770

 

 

 

 

Don’t forget to go and give your cat a big ‘ol hug today!! 

“When God created the cat, He didn’t do anything else that day but smile!”

6 Comments:

sara said...

no cats to hug here, but yours is awfully cute!!

Robin Lambright said...

Ditto here! My sweet kitty companion of 14 years went to kitty heaven when my oldest was only 4 or 5 (he just turned the big 20 last week, so it has been a very long time) but I still remember the sound of his soft, but loud deep purring as he would curl up on my chest as I watched television. His name was Max. Maybe one day when I am getting used to my empty nest I will indulge myself with a new kitty!

I do miss those sweet furry kisses and how he would curl up in my lap. Somehow a dog just doesn't fit the bill sometimes.

Blessings
Robin

H-Mama said...

can we trade cats? ;)
ours is a bit feisty. she bites when we touch her in the wrong spot, or for too long, or when she just feels like it. although, when she wants love and attention, she meows and meows until she gets it... too funny, that bella.

i have had a couple of sweet cats before that were pure cuddle-love. yours looks purrrrfect! :)

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

aww abbey baby is so beeeeautiful.

Darla said...

our cat a bit fluffy too, and she is 12 years old. she sounds alot like yours, eat, and sleep, and be the queen.

Jeanette said...

The camera does add 10 pounds! Don't let Abbey-baby see the computer :}

Sweetie kitty!