Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's National Splurge Day, oh Yeah!

Okay, I could not find any documentation confirming this to be a "National" day, but it is an official day, so that was enough for me!

I was having a pity-party for one today.  I woke up with just being extremely sad over something that did not happen over the past few days, so I cried all though my shower this morning.  I woke up my dear sweet, ever so sleepy hubby this morning to cry to him as well.  In between my sobs and his snores, I don’t think either of us were too happy with each other!  So I kissed him goodbye and told him that I would not be home before he left for work, so he would have to fend for himself and the boys today!

My friend picked me from work at noon and we went to a sandwich shop where I had the most fantastic chipotle chicken salad wrap & potato salad!  Oh yeah, nothing like good ‘ol southern food to make a girl feel better!  Then it was off to a pedicure!  It felt so good, that I could of fell asleep!

After that, off to the mall, and to my utter and complete surprise, Bath & Body Works has back in stock (for a short time) my all time fav smell, White Tea & Ginger!  Not only did I get me some, for a long and yummy bubble bath tonight, I also had a $10 off coupon and got buy one get one free!!  Yea!

I picked up a few other things as well for our mission trip at the mall today (all sales of course!!), and a father’s day gift for my Hubby, sweet of me to splurge on him as well, even though he was semi-coherent through my mini melt down this morning. 

I am still a little sad, but with a great lunch, pretty toes and  marvelous sales today, I will live another day!!

4 Comments:

Jeanette said...

No pictures of the tootsies??

I love pedis :}

Praying that things look up for you - sounds like you had a great day shopping!!

sara said...

It's amazing what a little shopping and a pedicure can do!!!

Enjoy your bubble bath tonight!!

Robin Lambright said...

a little pampering goes a long way to washing away the saddies!

enjoy the BB and pretty toes!

R

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Glad your day ended better than it began :)