Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jon & Kate + 8 = Jon and/or Kate + 8

I am so upset with last nights show of Jon & Kate + 8.  This show started out as something we loved to watch.  We liked watching the kid, the way they juggled all the kids during meals, bath time, diaper changes and rejoiced when they had them all to sleep at the same time.

I read Kate’s book and felt up-lifted, especially reading the Bible verses she had scattered through it.  I was like wow, here is a couple that really has it together.  Now I am just plain mad!

What happened to the sanctity of marriage and raising your kids?  Step back from the spotlight and WORK ON YOUR MARRIAGE!  I am trying so hard not to judge here, but has most of this show been a fraud?  Who really is taking care of these children?  Did fame go to their heads?  I feel this show is only showing the good parts and we have been hood-winked by the majority of it.

I for one am done!  No longer the days of watching, Jon & Kate + 8.  I choose not to follow this train wreak anymore and hopefully ratings will drop and TLC will be forced to cancel the show, and Jon & Kate will be forced to live a normal life, out of the public eye, and focus on what is the most important thing, the 8 kids they brought into this world!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better! I totally agree!

Mrs. Darling said...

I loved that show and just cried at the divorce. I dont have cable so I havent watched it in forever but its not by choice!

sara said...

Amen!!!

Unknown said...

TLC announced today that the show will be on hiatus for a while. I'm glad.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I totally agree, the show last night was ridiculous. They could have summed it up in 5 minutes and not wasted our time.

Jeanette said...

Any reason they are running an Encore tonight?!!

Really - haven't we all had enough?!

I feel bad for them but they pretty much brought it upon themselves. They could have been done last season to simply worked on their marriage. Maybe they wouldn't have become a statistic.

Kelly said...

I agree, unfortunately the public loves a good train wreck adn refuses to look away.

That is why Paris Hilton & Britany Spears were so popular when they were acting horrible. No one cares about a sober Lindsay Lohan.

Darla said...

amen sister!