Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blogcation

I have been on a little blogcation for the past week and boy, have I ever missed y’all!!  Blogcations are never as much fun as vacations, but sometimes a necessary thing that must happen, to get things done that do not have anything to do with a computer!!

So what has been keeping me so busy, you ask?  We had Vacation Bible School at our church Sunday thru Wednesday.  Then it was catch up from that on Thursday & Friday.  I work half days at our church everyday and this week I went in, in the afternoon to keep from driving to church twice everyday since our VBS was in the evenings.  Of course I am a night time blogger and it totally through me off schedule!!  Hubby being home with me each morning didn’t help either!!

Tomorrow morning is the finale of our VBS so hopefully I will catch a few picture to show you, because I didn’t get any pictures this week. 

The kids were raising money for missions this week also.  each year our church holds a contest between the boys and the girls.  If the boys bring the most money, the ladies on staff have to do something oh not so fun and vise versa.  Each year the girls win, but this year the tides have changed.

As of last count on Wednesday evening the boys were ahead about $150, but hopefully the girls will redeem themselves tomorrow before the big finale.  If the boys win this year the ladies on staff will have to Slip-n-Slide through ketchup and mustard.  Should be a lovely experience!

Just wanted to do a quick catch up on my week.  I am off to check your blogs to see what exciting things have happened while I have been on my blogcation!!

4 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL I really hope ya'll don't have to so the slip and slide.

Robin Lambright said...

Ketchup & Mustard slip and slide euuhhh!!!!! Creative and motivational but still euuhhh!

We all have to take blogcations from time to time, but glad your getting back in the swing of things.

Blessings
Robin

Penny said...

Our church had VBS this past week, too. Did y'all have the Boomerang theme?

Darla said...

welcome back! i totally understand, i deleted my facebook acct. for the summer. i just barely have time to blog.