Sunday, June 14, 2009

Slip-N-Slide + Condiments=FUN!

Today concluded our VBS.  We did Lifeway’s Boomerang Express, and it was a blast!  All week our kids have had a mission contest, like every year, and this contest is between the boys & girls to raise money for missions.  The deal is if the boys raise the most money the ladies on staff have to do a not so fun task, and vice versa.  This year the boys won, but all in good fun the entire staff participates, like every year, so it’s a win win for everyone!

Our Children’s Ministry Director, April (aka, my ‘cuz) was wanting a dunking booth, but we could not get one in short notice, so yesterday the plan was a Slip-N-Slide with ketchup & mustard!  I think we were all a little like, “she flipped off the deep end with all the work she did this week”, so not to upset her, we were in!!  HA!

I will have to say it was a blast!!  Here is a picture of us all right before the big plunge, I think we were all just a wee bit nervous!!  See, we are huddled together!!

SDC10787

   Here is April, gearing up for the first plunge…..

SDC10786

And check out that form, I give her a “9”. yep, a little crooked on the landing!!

SDC10788

Here she is doing a little victory Woo Hoo!

SDC10793

The ever Man-tastic, Mike wiping the ketchup out of his eyes!

SDC10789

The Worship Pastor, Brent & his wife Cindy, ready for their run….

SDC10792

Check out their form…in the synchronized portion of the Condiment slide, they received a “10”!!

SDC10794

Wes, our tech guy praying before his run….

SDC10782

I think the dismount was a little shaky…..

SDC10798

      But check out his landing…..

Oh look it’s me beside him, I gave myself a “10” for sure!!      SDC10795

VICTORY!!!

SDC10796

Let’s not forget Julie, the last of the participants…..I wish I would of got her landing, tough landing I mean…he he!!

SDC10797

All in a days work for VBS and Missions!!  Great job April for a great VBS this year!

6 Comments:

Jill said...

PLEASE tell me someone got video of this!
I can't believe Julie lied to me and told me it was at 2 - just so I wouldn't take pictures & video.

UGH!
:)

Jeanette said...

You guys had tons of fun! I would have joined you. Glad you had a great week :}

H-Mama said...

i'm sure the kids (and you) will remember this day for many many years. :)

Robin Lambright said...

Too Fun or too funny! What a hoot!

Blessings
R

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

ahahaha, I love it. That looks like fun.

Greg C said...

Looks like everyone was having fun. I will have to remember that slip and slide idea.