Saturday, June 20, 2009

Came This Close To Choking A Sonic Carhop

Oh how badly I wanted to choke a Sonic Carhop today, and the manager and the telephone operator to the 800 line to Sonic, geeze, and all for the love of a  Mocha Java Chiller! 

First, I have teenagers and I know first hand that teenagers can have attitude at times, so in no way am I trying to attach a halo onto my own kids, but let me tell you, if my teenager would of done what this girl did today, at a place they worked at, we would of had a come to Jesus talk, right quick, in the parking lot!

We love Sonic, always have, even though we have to mortgage the farm to eat there, we still love Sonic.  After today, I might have to re-think going there so often.  (insert uncontrollable sobs!)

Long story short, they screwed up our order, but before we discovered that our order was messed up, we asked the carhop for some honey mustard and that little girl decided that she was going to roll her eyes at me.  Oh, bad idea.  I did let that one slip, but when she came back with a major chip on her shoulder with ONE honey mustard, when we were needing two, and proceeds to roll her eyes a second time, oh good gracious it took all I had not to jump through the window to snatch her up. 

Second, Honey mustard delivered, and third eye roll later, we discovered our order was wrong.  Long, long story really short, the manager had to say that we didn't order a combo, when we clearing did, a voided order later, and another order placed just to get one thing they left off the order, a tree was killed in the process, and instead of one receipt, I am sitting here with six receipts now!  Yea, I was not the happy camper!

So to end this horrible ordeal and to keep my husband from having a massive coronary in the parking lot of the local Sonic, I told him, just leave and I will call the 800 number to complain……..

………….WE INTERUPT THIS BLOG POST FOR A WOODBURY LOCAL NEWS REPORT……..

Local man has massive coronary in the parking lot of local Sonic.  This heart attack occurred because of an eye rolling teenager, a manager insisted in killing a tree to print off mass receipts for order of fries and a lost in transit buy one get one free Sonic Burger coupon.  This sad tragic medical emergency could of been avoided by just giving the customer an order of fries and a free burger,  More at Six.

Ahem, back to my post….so is there a 800 number anywhere on the six receipts I have?  No, so I had to look up the number at home on the internet!  Another irritation!  So I complained to the poor fella phone operator and he took all my information and what happened was……the call ended…..hello, what about my coupon?  What about the girl that rolled her eyes at me?? What about the aggravation of my visit??  I would of thought, maybe an apology??  A little one, maybe, you know, hey were are sorry for the inconvenience, how about a free Mocha Java Chiller on us???  What happened??  NOTHING!!  UGGHHHHHHHH!!

Yeah, I’m disappointed a little, well maybe a lot!  It takes a lot for me to complain to a place of business, (granted I will complain endlessly to anyone who will listen) but good grief, this was a bad transaction all the way around!

Oh well, enough of my ranting, I must get over this and in a hurry, I’m dying for a Sonic Cherry Coke!  HA!

6 Comments:

sara said...

I could swear you lived in another state from me, but you just described the Sonic by our house!!! :)

I LOVE sonic, but will drive several miles out of the way not to use the one by my house......

Darla said...

i can totally relate. i could choke a couple of people myself there. like the guy today at SONIC who asked if i wanted tots or fries and when i didn't answer quick enough he repeated himself in a loud and irratated slow voice TOTS or FRIES with that? as if i were deaf and dumb. i let it slip but i tell ya, it's so irritating.

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing exactly the right thing . . . tell it to your blogging friends. The next thing to do, since you have already called the 800 number is a nice long letter to corporate about how you were treated, how your phone call did not good and how you are utterly disappointed with what ONCE WAS your favorite restaurant! THEN let the corporate division of sonic know that you will indeed let all of your bloggy friends know of the outcome!

I am certain you will get action!

Let us know how it goes!

Robin Lambright said...

I addicted to the diet limeade, love'em, but your so right getting the eye roll would have sent me over the edge.

R

Jeanette said...

You are a better woman than I am. I would have asked for the manager at the second eye roll. Businesses need to hire respectful people and if they can't, they will be closed in no time. Being in the service business, I don't tolerate poor service. I'm just glad I'm not addicted to Sonic. We go every once in awhile and it is out of our way so I guess that helps :}

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I think it is Sonic all the way around. I never go there because the car hops are rude at both of the ones near our house.