Monday, January 26, 2009

Ugly Mug...Please VOTE FOR ME!

Today day is the day for Linda's @ 2nd Cup of Coffee wonderful Ugly Mug Contest!

The rules for this contest are as follows:

  1. Post the above button on your side bar linking back to Linda's blog
  2. Post picture of yourself on your sidebar with ugly mug
  3. Be owner of said mug
  4. Write a post on January 26 about your ugly mug
  5. You MUST Ken Lee coffee
  6. Have your blog reader visit Linda's site and vote for MY ugly mug!

I have followed said instructions and I indeed feel that I should ever so humbly be the recipient of the Ugly Mug Award. For my loyal readers I am not above begging and bribery if necessary! Name your price!

Okay, here is me with my ugly mug! In It's day it was once a beautiful mug of me and my hubby on our wedding day, cutting our cake. The colors were vibrant, the whites were white and trust me I did not wear a yellow wedding dress or pose for pictures in an orange room!

I was having such a hard time getting a clear picture, but as you can see the picture of us is coming off.

On the back of the mug it once said Patrice & Jeremy May 4, 1991, but through the years it is disappearing fast!

The most depressing thing about this once beautiful ugly mug is, as time has marched on, it has cast an evil spell on my body, no not the one on the mug, but my present body. It has enlarged me!!

That in itself should win me lots of pity votes!! Vote now, and enlist all your friends to vote for me!! I KEN LEE coffee and I need a Starbucks card!! Trust me, I am not to proud to beg........please, please, please, please, please vote for me!!

19 Comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh dear. What was once a purty treasure now looks like it was made in 1891! This is sad and yet hilarious at the same time. Sadly hilarious! Thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

The mug is decidedly ugly but you are beautiful. We will be kind to you for you today. You can't throw that mug away - it's too special. When you can no longer see the photo at all, that's when you can pitch it. Oh - can you tell I have trouble getting rid of stuff?

Dena said...

I had to laugh when you said you didn't not get your pictures taken in an orange room. Too funny!

Good luck today!

Marsha said...

I seriously thought about promising each entrant to vote for their mug if they would vote for mine but figured my guilt would be as obvious as a stain on a blue dress... so I'm simply here to grovel.

Oh my, another play on family relationships... I may be doomed here. The mug may be getting old and ugly now but you are definitely a lovely lady! (In case you can't tell, that was a suck up trying to get you to check out my ugly mug and vote for me! but I also meant it... honest I did! truly!)

Marsha

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

OH! But such precious memory attached to said mug.
Linda correctly points out the look of antiquity. ICKY!
Could be considered a priceless token of sweet young love. No?
If you say it's ugly... okay. It IS UGLY.
You win points for the peeling off part. Again: ICKY.

Darla said...

you have my vote!

RissaRoo said...

So sad that it faded! And to orange, too. Good luck!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh dear. It seems we have a similar problem. And it's such a difficult one because we absolutely CANNOT get rid of these ugly mugs!

Mrs. Darling said...

Ive seen this contest around the blog. What a funny contest. YOu are definitely deserving of my vote! That is an ugly mug, not yours,.. the cup!LOL

Mocha with Linda said...

I hope the marriage fares better than the mug!

Lois said...

It definitely is an ugly mug but it is also a sentimental one. I am planning to only give one vote and I have not checked all the blogs. This is certainly one of the most interesting contest I have seen in the short time I have been blogging. Lois

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Glad the marriage is holding up better than the mug! Clearly you aren't enlarging, the gal on the mug is shinking every time you wash her...

Becky said...

A sad ugly tale. LOL. Your poor mug has been through a lot. It is a little ugly but you would never want to throw away your marriage. ;-)

Greg C said...

That mug is like a fine wine. It has gotten better with age. But it aged a little too long and now it is sour. So I am thinking about voting for you. Maybe. :)

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

First, somehow I missed all the rules. I entered, but not in the all the way, official way that you did. I am clearly at a disadvantage.

Secondly, your mug is a sweet memento of a lovely day. Perhaps it's time to plant a flower in it or something so it won't keep going through the dishwasher!

Greg C said...

Well I was going to come back and vote for you but for some reason, I thought we had until Friday to vote. :(

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Hey sorry you did not win, but I saw this on 2nd cup of coffees comments today and thought you might want to enter
http://countingsprinkles.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-giveaway.html

Darla said...

darn i voted for you, i did, i did, i really really did! oh well, in my book, you really did have the ugliest mug! lol!