Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Honeymoon Is Over

Well the fun of snow and ice are over. What is so funny is that some parts of our of county were messy and other parts were like they never seen a snow flake fall.

This morning the road that we travel to get out of here was still closed. Dilemma! I was running late and really needed to go that way instead of the long (safe) way. It saves about 20 minutes off my drive. So I wake Hubby up and asked him, so you think that it will be okay if I down down the hill? He tells me no go the long way. So I kissed him bye and off I go!

I get to the top of our drive and see a little Honda scooting by and thought to myself, huh, if he can do it without 4 wheel drive, surly I can do it with! So I turn left, instead of right to go DOWN the hill! To my surprise there sits the little Honda, he has already turned around and was waiting to see what I was going to do. He flagged me over and asks me if I was going to go down. I said, I was waiting to see if he could make it first and basically he had the same idea. So I told him, I have 4 wheel drive, I am sure I will be okay and if he wants to try, he was free to do so.

Here begins the real adventure. When my 10 year old tightens his seat belt and does not say a word, I pretty much know that I am making a mistake, oh well, you only live once!!

Of course, this being a monumental blog moment, I had my camera out taking pictures all the way down, and between moments of panic and moments of pure joy that I was actually making it without killing both of us, I snapped pictures in true blogging fashion!

(Of course this is not a snow picture, but Higgins, he was cold and not ready to crawl out of bed yet!! Too cute!! LUVIE him so much!)

Needless to say I made it, and this afternoon it was clear, so the world is right again!

Hubby's truck is in the shop. There was $4,000 in body damage and there is also an unknown amount is the underneath damage. They will tell us more when they get it up on the racks. Right now we know that the front and rear alignments are out, the anti-locking brake system is shot and crossing out fingers that the rear axle is not bent. Hopefully they will get it up and it will not be that bad.

Yep, it was all fun and games the other night, now it is pure yuckiness!! Still funny that he wrecked and not me, but the aftermath of dealing with insurance, rentals and the unknown is pure agony!!

7 Comments:

Darla said...

i'm so glad things are clearing up for you guys, and sorry bout the insurance and damages and all that jazz, but i did laugh today just picturing you out there taking pictures. great blog moments!

sara said...

You are crazy girl!!!! after the last 2 "incidents" and here you are going on the CLOSED road and taking pictures!!! yep, I am impressed!!!!

sara said...

this was a fun meme...here is your letter...."K"

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

O.k. are ya nuts, did I not tell you to stay off the roads. Ya'll are going to give me a heart attack. Poor Joey I can see him being very still and looking straight ahead with his seat belt tightened:) I love the pic of Higgins, reminds me of Ginger. My Dog refused to go out today even in her leather jacket. I had to have my neighbor come down when it was warmer to let her out.

Jeanette said...

Please tell me that there is ice on the road and not just snow. Our neck of the woods would call it a "trace of snow" and they would not even measure it :}

Good thing you had your 4 wheel drive! Did the guy in the Honda make it?

You are funny girl!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would have thought Cove Hill would clear by yesterday morning! It looked terrible. Glad you made it down safely! :)

P.S. It's a BOY!!! :)

Luvies, ashes

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Happy Birthday to Patrice, Happy Birthday to Patrice, Happy Birthday to Patrice, Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu.....