Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Last Day

Today is the last day and tonight begins the last night of my now life, food ponderings.....yep, the diet starts tomorrow! Bless my heart!!

So what am I doing in preparation for the big day tomorrow? Well I just ate the last of the potato chips. I know you don't have to say it, I'm a saint to get those out of the pantry, now hubby will not be tempted to eat any!!

I have also given some thought about my cardio program tomorrow. I have decided to start slow and begin by walking everyday to get myself in some sort of routine....you think this will be okay?




I am hoping that my diet does not turn out like this one....


The good thing is my bloggy friends will not mind if I am a tad grumpy....fortunately for y'all, you only have to deal with me through the Internet. Really you only have to deal with the parts I post about, which you really do not have to deal with the grumpiness you only have to read about it!

The hardest part of this whole diet thing.......instead of my usual Happy Starbucks, Peppermint Mocha, you know the kind, all the fat and glory?? Tomorrow, I will be forced to not drink any for a least a week and then I will only be able to order, on occasion, the Unhappy version, no fat, no whip decaf! Ughh!! The last time I attempted a diet, my Starbucks actually would say to me, is it the Unhappy version today? I guess I am going to have to get them whipped back into shape also!! That a big, UGHH!!

Every diet must begin with the the final bowl of ice cream, so I am off to enjoy my one last guilty pleasure of today!! Until tomorrow.......wish me luck!!

7 Comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my I wish you all the luck in the world! Ive been dieting a year now and have lsot a little over 40 pounds. It takes incredible discipline to sitck with it! I'll be along for the ride here with you!

Anonymous said...

It's so funny you're writing about this, because right now I'm enjoying my final bowl of ice cream. My diet starts tomorrow too and my neighbor just brought over some homemade peach cobbler, so I figured I'd go out with a bang. :) Good luck!

Annette said...

I will be all the support you I can for you. An yes I get to be around to deal with the grumpy parts since we do play YaYa ofton!!! I will try to be your biggest cheerleader.

Luvvies

sara said...

I did the same thing last night.....ate all my good n plenty in the drawer and the rest of the salsa in the fridge.....I did go to the gym, does that count?

Kelly said...

Non-fat yes, but decaf?!?! NO way! I loved the comics. LOL!

Good luck on your diet plan!

Robin Lambright said...

Wishing you the best.

I can highly recommend Publix (if they have them in your area) Frozen Yogurt. You get all the satisfaction of feeling like your eating ice cream with only minimal fat.

I think there are many of us who are reevaluating out life style and choice as we start the new year. I know I need to get back to my diet and exercise as well.

Blessings
Robin

Greg C said...

I am right there with you BFF. I started my next push this morning as well. Before long we will be sounding the trumpets and the Big wall will be tumbling down. Keep me posted.