Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Review

I have had a busy weekend of doing nothing and thought I would wind down a bit before the big day on the job tomorrow!!

First off, this is going to be a little rough for the ones that have a weak stomach! So if you are one of those and need to skip down a bit I totally understand!

Friday night, was Higgin's bath, and boy did he need it! Friday afternoon I went to the pet store and purchased this wonderful smell good shampoo and finishing spray for Higgies. It was baby powder fresh, so I though hey, my baby will smell as fresh as a baby's butt!!

Anyhow, my sweet hubby gave Higgies his bath, and afterwards he was running through the house like a mad dog (Higgin's not Hubby) and I could not get him to go outside for his nightly constitution, because it was a tad chilly, so I figured that he would be OK until the morning. WRONG! While I was getting ready for bed, he did his constitution on my bedroom floor! UGGHHHHH! Really that was not the bad part! His "constitution" had squiggly worms in it! I thought I would die!! Lots of worms!! OMGoooooodness! I was completely beside myself, I had no clue what to do! So Saturday morning it was off to the vet! Poor Higgies, he got violated for a poop sample and yep, he needed medication to rid himself of his little friends! Then the vet had to pull one of his baby teeth, poor baby! So I went ahead and purchased some heart worm preventive and some Front Line, because tape worms come from fleas! Are you ready for the bill?? A whopping $123, again, OMGoodness! After I picked myself off the floor and paid for everything, we headed home.

The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful as well as of today! Not much going on here, except for hubby shampooing the floors and we are cleaning the kitchen floors really good too, because I am afraid that Higgin's might share his friends with others!

Well I guess that about covers the weekend. You can wake up now! Yea, I had to wake myself up several times this weekend also, so much fun, I do not know how we survived!!

I will update again tomorrow on my first day of work, until then, I hope y'all have had a great weekend!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who to pity more . . you and your hubs or poor Higgins!

Good luck at the new job tomorrow.

Wanda said...

Patrice ~~ I came over from Greg's post and laughed until my sides hurt with your story.... Been there done that and you told it so well....

I'm sure I'll be back to catch up on your previous posts...

Wanda from Brushstrokes

Greg C said...

Thank goodness I already had my breakfasts. I have also been there and done that. It wasn't the best weekend but we made it through and it looks like it will be a wonderful week.

Cindy Swanson said...

Poor Higgins! (and poor you for having to clean up the mess!) On the plus side, if he hadn't done his business in your house, you might not have known about the worms?

Your blog is gorgeous! I enjoyed checking it out.

Susan Skitt said...

Oh yikes, what a weekend!!!

Animals, they are like big babies, aren't they? We have a big baby who weights 55lbs, has golden fur, and goes by the name of Jeanne (pronounced Jon). Hey, we didn't name her, we adopted our yellow lab two years ago. She's good natured, but high maintanence, especially since we discovered she has epilepsy and when a seizure hits, she looses control of her bowels. Thank God she doesn't have seizures that often. I can empathize with the clean up!

Hope you're having a good day at your new job!

Anonymous said...

Gross.