Friday, October 17, 2008

Wait No Longer...The Big Annoucement!

I am going to get all English on y'all, so are you ready??

Surprise to make a strong impression on (someone) with something unexpected

That is the definition of surprise, but here are words that follow along with how I feel about my announcement.....
  • amaze
  • astonish
  • Whoo Hoo
  • bowled (over)
  • dumfounded
  • flabbergast
  • floor
  • shock
  • startle
  • stunned
  • stupefy

Now, here are some words that describe some of those that are waiting to hear about the big announcement.....

  • befuddle
  • bewilder
  • confound
  • confuse
  • discomfit
  • disconcert
  • dismay
  • muddle
  • perplex
  • impatience

Class dismissed, homework due tomorrow!!

I think that some are getting ready to kill me....I can feel it!!

Are you ready?? Are you ready to hear (read) about my big announcement?? Want to know what I have not been telling you??? So what were all the prayers about? Well here it is!

I start a new job on Monday! Yippee!!

I applied for a Ministry Assistant position at our church, and got it! That's a big Whoo to the Hooo!!

It must be a God thing, because I was not going to originally apply for it, but I went into the church office last week to pick up something for my 'cuz April and found myself sitting down and chit chatting about the position, well Tuesday I went in for a formal interview and yesterday I was awarded the job! Yea!

The funny thing is I have been so calm about this whole process, nonchalant and had the attitude of, if I get it great, and if not, hey, it's not meant to be.....BUT after the interview, I was a bit more on the side of I WANT IT!

Guys this is really up my alley! There is this whole side of this position that allows for my creative side to come out! As y'all know I love to designs blogs, well I will not be designing blogs for this position, but will be creating other publications and such. There is more, but I will not bore you any longer....

Just wanted to say thanks for the prayers and stay tuned and I will update everyone Monday on how the first day went!!

10 Comments:

Jennifer said...

Patrice,
Yea!!!!!! Congratulations!
I am so glad that you finally posted the surprise as it was really keeping us all in suspence! Best of luck in your new position and I can't wait to hear more about it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How wonderful!!! I hope you will be able to share a little of this and that on your publication designs!

Greg C said...

That is great news BFF. Congratulations. I am so sorry that I wasn't able to post my award on my blog yet but I assure you I will. God and I are dealing with some family problems at the moment and I had one other pressing issue to get off my chest first. You are next on my list though so don't worry. I am so happy for you.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Patrice, yes, Woo to the Hoo! From one ministry assistant to another, welcome aboard.

Anonymous said...

Yea:) I am soo excited for you, the position sounds like it will be fun for you.

Hugs and Love, Jenny

Jeanette said...

Good for you girl! Praying it is all you want it to be :}

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cuz!!!! You know I love you and I am very happy for you....Woo to the Hoo....HeeHee

Annette

Susan Skitt said...

That's awesome Patrice. It's so cool to see how God opens doors for His own!

Can't wait to see what you do with my blog too. I'm so excited!

April said...

Yayy!! I was praying!