Friday, October 10, 2008

Busy, Busy Weekend

So I have been busy, who has not been busy lately? Today April (my cuz) and me did this little cook off adventure for Habitat for Humanity. We are a hoot, let me tell you how much we are alike. Never mind, I guess I will save you from that and just tell you about our day!

First off last night we got together to cook our wonderful white chicken chili....well, really it is not our recipe, but a Pampered Chef recipe. (I will post it on another day), I will have to say it was the bomb! I only wish I would of took a picture of her kitchen......it was the bomb too, the after math of a bomb I should say. We had to make between 3 and 5 gallons, so in true fashion, panic kicked in, and we started going crazy, and there is where the mess came in.

We got the chili done last night, in crock pots and in the refrigerator, ready for today. April had lots to do to get ready for tomorrow (Saturday), I will elaborate a little on that in a bit, so she was going to finish the poster display after she got home and we were to meet this morning at 8:30 am and according to the plans we had in our heads, all would be well! Ah ha ha ha! Actually not that bad really!

So when I got home instead of doing the recipe cards like I should of, I procrastinated, in my true procrastination form, and did other things instead. So at 12:30 last night I started to get a little yancy and decided that I would start the little project while I watched CSI. So at 2am I finally get done with the little project and off to bed I go.....did I mention that I had to get up at 6 am this morning?? Ughh!

6 am came and it was rough, but I managed, and off to Aprils I went without coffee. That was not good...thank goodness she made a lovely pot of that wonderful, addicting, yummy, get me going treat I love so much!

Instead of getting there early to set up this morning, we were the last to arrive, beside the dessert lady, but she did not have a tent to set up! Yep, we had a tent to set up, a big green tent...did I mention that April and I are a lot alike, and we do not do tents? Thanks to these three wonderful men plus me and April....yes, 5 of us, we finally managed to get the tent up! Not sure how, but it did get up and actually, miracles upon miracles today, it actually stayed up!

We had a great time and of course it was for a great cause, even though our chili did not win, tons of people kept showing up because they heard that we had great chili. The winner...some guy that made taco soup, yummy, but I am biased, I not sure if it was as yummy as ours!!

It was a fun day, we are going to do it all over again tomorrow, but a longer day it will be. We are heading to a craft Fair (no chili involved), and we will have two tents to put up! That should be interesting....I wonder if those wonderful men will be there to help??

Hopefully I will have some pictures to post of our weekend adventure soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a recipe for that Chicken Chili???

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I, too, would like the recipe. And don't you just love it when a friend has a pot of coffee going when you come over?!

Anonymous said...

I am CRAVING this soup you guys made!!!