Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Happenings & Monday Memories

First I want to thank you for praying. This week is going to be difficult to say the least, we are praying for God's guidance and for the right words to be spoken. Sometime this week we will be talking to my family and I covet your prayers.

Second, just a little funny. I have got tons of laughs, comments and e-mails about our crazy animals. For some unknown reason our back porch has turned into the hot spot of the entire farm. The back porch has always been the cats domain, which causes Jeremy much distress. Anyhoo, take a look at this.......

Looks like a chicken got caught red handed!! Yep, that's a chicken that got stuck in between the banister. I think someone needs a diet around here (besides me)! Is anyone thinking chicken and dumplins??

Third...boy this is turning out to be a long post!! Our church ladies have started a blog, if you would like check it out, do so here. Each day of the week we will be posting different subject and on Mondays we have stated something called Memory Monday. I am honored to be the first, so I thought I would post here what I posted on the Calvary Ladies blog. I hope you enjoy. By the way we were really young and wow I was so skinny. I think I am going to post that picture on the refrigerator and hopefully that will deter me from eating!!

Here is my post for the ladies bog.

I am very excited to be the first to share my precious memories with you.

I thought about this for a few days and really wanted to share something besides us getting married and having children, but just could not get past us getting married and having children! When I think of all the special memories that I have, the majority of them are about our life together and our children.


Just the other night while I was praying, thanking God for my family, in the middle of my prayers I just laughed with God. I remember my prayers right after we were just married. We were so young and just like it was yesterday I remember vividly what I prayed for in our marriage. I prayed for strength and for the new love that we shared as a married couple. I prayed for our future children and the life that we would share with a child or children one day.

After we had DJ, my prayers changed again and I prayed so hard for this little life that God blessed us with. How could we ever raise such a perfect baby and I prayed for guidance. I thanked God everyday for the wonderful opportunity that he gave us to be parents.

Then came Bradley a short 18 months later. Goodness, how were were blessed again with another healthy little one. Our family grew and was bursting at the seams with love and laughter. There were hard times to, because after Bradley we decided that I would be a full time mommy. There again, memories were made each and everyday while I stayed at home and spent time with the boys.

Then did God ever have a sense of humor, because He felt, and I say He, because Joey was God's plan for us. Never the less again we were blessed with another little one. Wow, what wonderful, precious memories we have made, the five of us.

I wanted to share something that is on my wall, because it really sums up our lives in a short sentence.


The Perfect Love in Our Lives, Happened in a Sequence of Time. With each kids name I have a clock with the time stopped at the time they were born. I think about of all the memories that we have shared, and having our children was the most special times in our lives. Our perfect love made our children and how honored we are that God blessed us as parents to them!

Standing there with my hubby to be, on May 4th 1991, I would of never thought that I would be were I am today, a mother of three boys. Wow, how we have grown, not only as a family but how we have grown in the Lord. I could not planned my life any better than it turned out!

Which brings this verse to mind:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

So I close my Monday Memory with:

Our wedding day on May 4, 1991.
DJ's arrival, July 30, 1992
Bradley's arrival, January 31, 1994
Joey's arrival, February 23, 1998

Just four of my special memories!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

The chicken is hilarious. Poor little guy/girl?? I love your Monday memories, seems like yesterday. Time flies thats for sure. I hope everything goes good with the family talk. I will be praying for some resolution.

Love, Jenny

Jeanette said...

I love this post!

I was thinking chicken & noodles but I'd take chicken & dumplings anyday ;}

How neat to be able to share as a church family. I'll have to mark that as one of my favs.

Praying....

Anonymous said...

What is with that chicken?

I love your clocks with each of your children's time of birth!

It is so hard to be estranged from your family. We experienced a year that we were estranged from family. It was soooo hard. Things have been better than ever since reconcilitation a year after it all began.

Praying and hugs