Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hubby, Will You Show Me How To Drive In Snow?

12:27 am on a snowy January night, I was lying in my bed reading. Next to me was my faithful dog, Higgins, chewing on his bone, taking a break every few seconds to remind me that all my attention should be on him and not the book that I am so engrossed in.

The kids are tucked snugly and safely in their beds, Hubby should be almost home any minute. The phone rings, and it's Hubby. He's quiet, my heart skips a beat and then he speaks. Baby, I am okay, but I just wreaked the truck. Of course, not being overly dramatic, I slightly panic. Here's the conversation:

Hubby: "I'm okay."
Me: "Are you sure?" (he tends to bend the truth when I am involved)
Hubby: "Really, I am fine."
Me: "How bad is it?"
Hubby: "I'm not sure, I cannot open the door."
Me: (pure panic mode) "Oh NNOOOOOO, I am on my way where are you?"
Hubby: "First call the sheriff, and have him come and send a tow truck."
Me: "Okay, I am on my way."

Let me just say in my defense, at times I do tend to panic. I did pretty good getting to him and of course when he was fine, all the glory of this situation came through and I begin to harass him! Yep, read the post before this one and you will totally understand!

Granted it is very cold outside, my toes are numb, my fingers are froze and my nose is beyond red. My jeans were wet in the dryer, so I threw on long johns and sweats, but I think that was little help. So to keep my mind off being cold, I begin!!
  • Great job honey, way to take that curb!
  • Wow, is that ice and snow on the ground?
  • I love the way the truck is buried up to the axles, niiiccceeeeee!
  • Did you sing, Jesus Take The Wheel?
  • Was the truck in 4 Low?
  • Wow, how blog worthy is this!!

Trust me the list grows. A deputy shows up and I am in full mode taking pictures and laughing because this is so going on my blog. I forgot my camera, but never fear, I am snapping away with my phone. The first sheriff cars comes, lights flashing, sirens blaring. Of course I bust out laughing, because in a small town, we will be front page news!!

The second sheriff comes, light ever so bright, of course I have to take a picture of it, and wow, two cop cars, we may even get our pictures in the paper!! Ahahahahahahahaha! I am just loving this one!!

The first cop calls for the tow truck and he explains where we are at, and then proceeds to tell him to bring a chain saw, because this one's wedge on two trees and will need some work to get it out, WHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! For a man, a manly man, a expert driver of a man, this is bad!! Hahahahahahahahahaha!! (Sorry BFF!)

The deed is done, the cop thinks I am crazy for laughing and taking pictures, he just does not understand blogging, and how monumental this is! Of course I ask to take his picture and Jeremy is rolling his eyes telling him, I am more happy for the blog worthiness of this than actually being upset about the truck, which at the time is true, until I had to pay $100 to the tow truck driver.....

Anywoo, first cop car leaves, tow truck leaves, and I turned the Jeep around to leave and the first cop, makes me stop, and asks me if, and I quote, "Should I wait to make sure this will not turn into another call?" I say, and I quote, "Nah, It's a woman driving this time, there will be no need!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I do not think he was very impressed! He left! He he!

All is well, hubby is a little stoved up this morning, but he will be fine. God is good. Life will stink when the insurance people get involved and all the stuff that comes with that, but as long I get to blog about Hubby's great driving skills, life is wonderful!!

Here are few pictures from last night, of course they are not good, but, they are so being posted for prosperity sake!


8 Comments:

Annette said...

Queenie, I just don't know about you. How did you get up your driveway to get to the wreck without going into heart attact mode????? Anywho, glad everyone if fine and I feel for the poor cops last night......

Darla said...

yes, this is blog worthy!! i'm glad he is ok. i laughed out loud when you said you started taking pictures, i would have done the same! ps. i love the sherrif pic.! :D

sara said...

hahahahahaha...this is too good!!! The sheriff picture...priceless!!!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Girl you are crazy:) I can imagine the look on those cops faces. I am glad Jeremy is o.k., I hope ya'll will stay off the roads if at all possible - your making me nervous.

Jeanette said...

Oh, that is good! Love the picture of the Sheriff. My DH has been in more than one accident and has had two speeding tickets. Me on the other hand ZERO! I am totally a better driver - now watch I'll get a ticket tomorrow!

Greg C said...

having read your last post, this is so funny. Don't you love it when someone overloads their butt. Just before this last freeze, they had a big conference call with all the power plants. One manager spoke up and said that he didn't know why he was forced to participate. His plant was new and they were ready for cold weather. His was the only one that tripped off that night due to a line freezing. hahahahahaha

Living to Love said...

hahahahahah......you got the picture of the cop on here....bwahahahahh!!! awesome!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

HAHA You got a picture of the policeman. Can't you just here him later that night. "Man that woman must have really been in shock. Here she was laughing and snapping pictures. Couldn't understand a word she was saying, something about blogging.