Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wow, Do Not Put Yourself Out, Really...


Yep, had to drag Ye 'Ol Soapbox out for this one....

As you know my gallbladder is not functioning, which in return is causing me somewhat of A LOT of pain. I was referred to a surgeon last week, that, was on spring break. Go figure! I was given an appointment of 3 pm on Wednesday. WHAT?? I could not wait that long so when I complained, I was told by my doctors office (which set up the appointment) to call everyday for a cancellation. So I call everyday, beginning the moment I hung up my phone with my doctor, to get in sooner. Of course everyday, I was told there were not cancellations, but if the pain worsens to go to the ER.

Well I called again yesterday, well because I guess I was feeling stupid lucky, and again was told, sorry, but if it gets worse to go to the ER. I am not an ER person, but have thought about it a lot, especially in the middle of the night, but then I try to hold on, and I do, which brings me to today.

The surgeon's office just called, guess what?? The lady on the phone says, we have a cancellation, (I'm thinking to myself, great, Hopefully in the next 10 minutes) Do you think you could come in at 2:30 tomorrow instead of 3. WHAT??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THAT"S WHAT YOU CALL GETTING ME IN EARLIER????????

Of course I took it, I did not want to look ungrateful. Geeze, I give up. Oh well, what's 24 more hours, right?

BTW, don't forget, if you have not already done so, go here and leave a comment for this book!! I will draw for a winner tomorrow evening sometime!

9 Comments:

Darla said...

you're so funny, but i feel your pain. hope you get all fixed up my friend... i am going now to get in on that drawing for the book!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

We must be cosmic twins, since I had my soap box out earlier this morning.
I can not believe that is what they call an earlier appt, ughh.. Well I hope they can schedule you for surgery faster than they can see you for a dumb appt telling you your going to have to have surgery...duh..I don't really see the importance of an appt with the surgeon as you can tell, why not just schedule you for the surgery it makes no sense.

Jeanette said...

You may be better off to go that way.

Gabby had one of those - "we can get you in can you be here in 10 minutes" phone calls - we waited 2 hours in the waiting room to be seen!

I feel your pain.

Well, not really but you know what I mean :}

Hang in there!!

Ron Simpson said...

ok .. now I am in pain .. from laughing .. not at you or your situation, but at the DR's office calling to get you in 30 minutes earlier as a great favor to you .. hilarious

Miss Behavin said...

Not laughing at your pain here I swear, but that is hysterical!!! Sounds like my luck!! Knowing doctor's offices you'll show up the half hour early just to wait until well after your original appointment anyway!! Hope they get you fixed up soon!

Jill said...

girl - get that gallbladder out!! I had mine taken out about 8 weeks after Audrey was born. Talk about pain! It was a million times worse than giving birth - and I did that drug free!

I hope you'll be attack free until it comes out!

Mrs. Darling said...

I hear gall bladder pain is nothing funny but this sorta was. LOL Hey you have a gorgeous header there lady! Did you make it yourself?

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I'm so sorry they could not get you in any eariler. Please let me know what the doc says. Call me at home, work, cell.

Kelly said...

Repeat after me: "God's timing is perfect, God's timing is perfect." Now, just remember the drs office isn't God. LOL! Best wishes.