Thursday, March 5, 2009

Joey Update

We are home from the doctors. Joey has a full blown ear infection and bronchitis. His doctor was concerned because he is already on a strong antibiotic and since Monday he developed the ear infection and bronchitis, she wanted to take an aggressive approach to getting this nipped in the bud!

She gave Joey an injection of antibiotics and prescribed him another to take orally along with what he is already taking, along with prednison for five days. She also wants him to take his emergency inhaler every four hours.

Okay, so here is why I am having the panic inducing anxiety that I am having right now. I am not a fan of prednison, and I am worried with him taking it. I just got off the phone with the pharmacists, and my fears are still not totally relived. Also with taking two antibiotics and an injection of one, he is getting ready to have a killer yeast infection!

I know that we need to act aggressively before this turns into pneumonia, but good grief, I just do not like the amount of medications that he is taking or the type of medication for that matter! Oh well, I guess I need to trust the doctor and the pharmacist, because I really do not want him to have a visit to the hospital, but........UGHHHHHH!

6 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Ughh.. That is a lot of medicine. Why wouldn't they just switch the antibiotic that is obviously not working and give him an injection?? I have never heard of an injection and being on two diff antibiotics.

I hate prednisone as well, but it does get rid of the inflamation I wonder why they did not give him a anti-inflamatory injection while you were at the doctor?

Maybe you need to have Jeremy call Cathy. Ya know seeing that I am not medically qualified to give out advice;) ahahaha

Darla said...

i will continue to lift him up, i hate when my kids are on the strong antibiotics too, i can't stand thinking of how its causing intestinal imbalances, but sometimes it's our only choice, i feel your panic!

Anonymous said...

We have been that route a few times . . . we have to give prednisone once in a while too. Make sure to have plenty of probiotics on hand to get those imbalances all taken care of! Yogurt also helps!

Anonymous said...

Trust God, and your instincts... I am having the same kind of troubles. I think it is allergies. Will pray for Joey. Jane

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear of all you are dealing with. Hoping he will feel better soon.

Skoots1moM said...

i yawned all day yesterday and most of the day today...this time change always gets me.
Poor little Higgins...so glad he did well.
And i'm glad sickness is going away