Sunday, March 1, 2009

Higgin's In The Snow

Before I get started, I promise this blog is not turning in to an all inclusive Higgin's blog, it's just that he happens to be the only one that rolled out of bed this morning with me to go outside to check on the goats. It doesn't help that he is so MAN-tastically cute too!!

Anyhoo, this morning we woke up to a winter wonderland, and in Tennessee we get about one good snow a year, and I am hoping this is it!! One is good! When we went to bed there was nothing on the ground and this morning about 4 to 6 inches in our neck of the woods with some parts of Tennessee seeing 8+ inches!

When I first threw Higgins outside for his morning constitution, he did not budge past the part of the porch that was dry, so unto plan B. I ran in to get some warmer clothes on, picked him and my camera up and walked outside a ways and plumped his little butt into the snow. In some places his little feet never hit the ground below, so he had to hop like a bunny all over the place....soooo cute!!

This is the view from our front porch...

This is Higgins when he first hit the snow...thank goodness the area in our back yard is small and well protected so it does not get that much snow, so he did not fall in tummy deep!

Another view of our front yard.


Higgin's has just about had enough by this point!

Of course one more of Higgin's little precious little foot prints going up the steps of our deck!

That's the extent of my snow pictures, after we came back in I went back to bed until 10:30...YAY!!

4 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Oh my goodness, poor little higgins could have froze to death. Ginger would have looked at you like you were crazy. It was pouring here today, our version of snow ya know, anyway she would not go outside for fear of getting wet:) Stay warm.

Jeanette said...

So you guys are the ones that got the snow! I'm ssoooo sorry (ahem, cough, choke). Poor Higgins - at least he had a sweater on to keep him warm.

Great pictures!!

Unknown said...

Guess it was good that we left when we did or we'd be stuck. Beautiful snow though.

Greg C said...

Yes, lets not make this a Higgins only Blog, please. He is cute but I am not a big dog person or should I say a little dog person.