Friday, March 13, 2009

My Blog Turned One Today!



Today, Blessings Amid Chaos, turns one! That folks, is exciting!! At least to me, that's exciting!

So what has happened in one year since I started blogging?? I think a bullet list would best suit this:

  • My laundry stays in piles and heaps on the laundry room floor, because I simply do not have the time.
  • My kids have learned to cook, because I simply do not have the time to cook.
  • Hubby now cleans the house, because I simply do not have the time to clean.
  • The dogs have learned to give themselves baths, because I simply do not have the time to be bothered by clean animals.
  • Shopping? Not anymore, I simply do not have the time to shop.

You see, since I have started blogging, I simply do not have the time to do the ordinary day to day little life chores, because I am always reading and writing blogs!!

Nah, just teasing!

Since I started blogging this year, I have made the most wonderful bloggy friends. These friends are people for the most part I have never spoken a word too, but I consider a integral part of my life. You know who you are! Y'all are the people that leave me comments that make me laugh, send me e-mails when I am down to cheer me up and are just there to do what friends do. When I send out a request for a prayer for something going on in my life, y'all are the first to respond! Y'all are just wonderful people that I have meet during this year that I could not live without!

I love reading your blogs each day as well. For the longest time I just stalked most of the blogs that I have come to love, and then little by little my stalking just was not enough, and I started leaving comments, and those comments led to where I am today!

At the beginning I had a hard time writing about my life or daily events of our family. It was hard to be myself, well because sometimes I am just plain crazy and I was afraid that people would read my blog and be like, geeze, this lady needs to be committed! After I got past me fears and just started writing, I realized that y'all are just as crazy as I am!!!! Really, life in Tennessee or anywhere else, is basically the same. If you have kids, your life is crazy no matter how sane you are. And if you have children or teenagers, there is never an end to insane things to blog about, so in all honesty, I feel like I am normal because of y'all!! He he!!

In this past year, I have experience heartache due to family issues, I went on my first international mission trip to the Dominican Republic, adopted the most wonderful dog Higgins, dove into the would of a 16 year old driver in the house, and countless and numerous other life events and I was so proud to share them with all of you!!

Thanks for making my first year of blogging the most wonderful year that it was. Thanks for putting up with my soapbox moments, the happy times and the sad! I look forward to what my next year brings!

14 Comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Happy Birthday Blogster. May you always find a keyboard ready to for typing, a screen ready for viewing and friends ready to read. God Bless.

Greg C said...

Ahem, You forgot to mention that you got the bestest most wonderful blogging buddy bff ever. I forgive you. :)

Darla said...

Patrice, my friend, it's been a pleasure to meet you as well, and my blog just wouldn't be the same without you ;) also, not many people where i'm from can say they have a friend in Tennesse, that they have weekly contact with. i need to go check and see when my blog's b day is, its this month i know, holy cow! i might just have missed it! love ya girl and glad we have become blog friends.

Skoots1moM said...

congrats on your anniversary!!

Kelly said...

Happy Blog Day to You! Happy Blog Day to you! Happy Blog Day, Patrice, Happy Blog Day to you.

Kelly said...

(and many more!)

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Happy birthday to bloggy, Happy birthday to bloggy...ahahaha.. I feel ya, I get nothing done because I am always trying to catch up on my blog reading. I am glad your blog has helped with all the ups and downs of this past year. Love ya sis, Jenny

Meredith said...

Happy 1st Birthday!! Love the post! SO true!

Jeanette said...

Chatty Kelly beat me to the Happy Blog Day song!

It has been a pleasure Patrice girl - you always know how to make me smile!

Jill said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday!!

Robin Lambright said...

Happy Blog Birthday, mine was back in February, it really is amazing the impact that this outlet has on your life.

It simply broadens your horizons and gives you perspective on so many different things, not to mention a really great giggle when you need it most.

Happy Birthday Girl!
Whoo to the hoo for you!

Blessings
Robin

Miss Behavin said...

Happy bloggy birthday!! I personally adore your craziness. Love you girl!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggy Day!

Stacey

Living to Love said...

aww that's so sweety!