Monday, March 9, 2009

Give Me My Hour Back!


Yes, we have all sprung forward, some more graciously than others, and this morning I am really needing my hour back! Why does one hour really seem to make such an impact?? Anyhoo, on to more important things....

Joey is doing much better, he was really touch and go on Friday, but the doctor wanted to wait for six hours before we did anything like the dreaded hospital. His body went through so much in four days, that I am sure if it were me, I would be dead! After about four hours and the exit of the medication he had in his system, he quit throwing up! I told him after he hit the prayer list at church and all our prayer warriors at Calvary started praying for him, that was the reason he got better!! (He smiled!) He has been extremely weak this weekend, and totally sick of being stuck in the house for days, not a good combination!

Yesterday he felt well enough to go to church, but on the way home he fell asleep and when he got home, he took a nap and went to bed at 8pm last night!! Hopefully he will start regaining his strength back!!

On another note of well being and recovery, my poor baby Higgin's had the dreaded "Snip, Snip" preformed on Friday!! I was a nervous wreck! One of my baby boy's was at home sick and the other baby boy was at the animal hospital getting his manly parts removed.....oh what is a mother to do! Higgin's made it through surgery fine, he moans an groans in front of me, but is his little chipper self in front of hubby and the boys!! Of course Jeremy gets mad when I baby him because he says I am totally being played, but don't all men do that?? (Sorry BFF!)

Anyhoo, it has been one crazy weekend of sickness and recoveries, and I am glad to say I was happy to see the sun rise and know that I was heading back to work. I am ready for some normal, but would love to have the extra hour that I lost, doing my normal!!

Have a great day!

10 Comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I got snipped instead of hubby. I figured while was open for a C section I may as well get it done. After all I was almost 41 so it was time! LOL Hope hubby gets healed up soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad your son is feeling better!

I want my hour back too!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Aww give Joey kisses and hug from us.

I seriously dislike this time change. Caleb is a grouch and I feel like I have been cheated out of my beauty rest:} hehe

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Almost forgot give poor higgins love for having to go thru such a tramatic event:)

Darla said...

poor higgins, we need to do the snip snip on tito too...i hope he feels better soon. and i hope you get rested up from all this crazy life chaos as well. take care! it's gonna get normal again, i promise, it just doesnt seem to stay that way long.

Annette said...

Glad Joey and Higgies are doing better. I feel just fine after the time change which is unusual because I am usally so tired.

Kelly said...

Glad everyone is on the mend! I am exhausted from this time change! I want my hour back too. (but I don't mind the lighter evenings!

Greg C said...

Wow miss a few days around here and I am totally lost. Not to worry about the prednisone. As long as you don't take it for more than a few days, it is great. I Hope he is feeling better. I let my wife get snipped too. No sense in both of us feeling bad. :)

Robin Lambright said...

I am glad the both puppy and son are on the mend.

I was doing some catch up reading, enjoyed the pictures of the snow, we got a bit here as well but nothing to compare with your downfall.

I am one of the weird ones, I always look forward to the time change, I enjoy having the later evenings, it allows me to work in the yard after super.Plus t tells me that winter is on it way out and spring is around the corner.

Blessings
Robin

Jeanette said...

I've been crabby since 2am Sunday morning - stomping around - like that will bring that hour back!!

Higgins will be himself in no time - does he have to wear one of those hoods?? We will need a picture of that you know!

Hugs!