Thursday, March 5, 2009

Illness Abounds

***UPDATE***

Joey has a doctor appointment at 11am this morning. Since he is not feeling better and he threw up again the doctor wants to check for bronchitis and pneumonia. Say a prayer please and I will update later when we know more!

It has been a crazy few days around our home. Joey has been sick, really sick!

Monday I took him to the doctor with what I thought would be an ear infection, WRONG! He tested positive for the flu and strep, and by the time I got him home he was throwing up. Not a good day for him!

The whole family went on Tamiflu in the hopes that we will not get the flu as well. Joey went on it as well to lessen the symptom's of the flu, but I have not seen to much in the way of lessening going on!

This morning he was still asleep when I left for work, so pray that he does not still have a fever, or it will be back to the doctor we go, and I really do not want to infect everyone! My fear that it is turning into something more, because his coughing is really getting worse and is really hurting his chest.

Joey is hoping that he feels better because if he is, tomorrow is the day the doctor game him the okay to be back into the general public and he is wanting to go to his 'cuz, Victoria's birthday part.....we hear it's the event of the year, wink, wink!

I will keep you posted, but pray that he feels better!

5 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Poor Joey. I hope he feels better. Caleb is home today, but I think he pulled my leg. Oh well one day off doesn't hurt anyone right?

Darla said...

i'm sorry that he's sick, i'll say a prayer for him. hope he gets to feeling better quickly! we wouldn't want him to miss the party ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear your family is sick! Poor Joey - he must feel pretty bad to want to go to school!

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh theres nothing worse than sick kids. I'll pray for him.

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I will be praying for him and the rest of the family.