Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy, Busy Weekend With Pictures!!

Okay, where to start this busy weekend post....how about Friday night!! Victoria, Joey's best 'cuz, as he calls her, had a birthday Friday and she turned 11. We all went to the bowling alley to celebrate. Here is a picture of her and Joey.

For those of you that have girls and teenage girls, it is very easy to get them to smile for the camera. For me however, haveng all boys, I would have a easier time lining them for flu shots before I would ever get a smile from them!! It took forever and tons of pictures trying to get DJ and Bradley to smile while I took a picture of them with their 'cuz Breeann. I finally get a good picture of DJ smiling and Breeann does this....


So here I go again in the quest to get a decent picture of them and finally I capture this...


Trust me this was no easy task...well I take that back, DJ and Breeann was much easier than Bradley and Breeann, that took forever. Never fails, Bradley finally smiles and right on cue, Breeann does this...


UGGGGHHHHHH!! So a few more thousand picture later I finally got this of them.....


Finally a decent picture!!

So after bowling guess were we went??? Can you guess????


We actually made it through supper without incident and believe it or not, the po-po never had to make a visit....at least while we were there!!

On to Saturday!!

Our Children's Director is doing a major overhaul of the children's wing. Our church is located in Murfreesboro, so she thought it would be appropriate to transform our children's wing into "Kidzboro". Each room is being decorated into different themes consisting of a town, everything from a pizzeria, aquarium to a gas station and game room. I have the pleasure of decorating the room called "Kidzboro Backstage" which will be transformed into a Broadway backstage room. I forgot to get pictures of my entire room of the "before", so I did snap a couple of the walls that are not transformed yet, so you could get the "before" look. I do not want to post the after pictures yet until the big revel!! So here are a couple of before......with after pictures to follow soon!

I started on the room at 8:15 am on Saturday with myself thinking I would get the walls done that you cannot see, but I guess my idea of what I wanted to do was a little to big for my eyes, and I only got a fraction of it done. At 5 pm I had to stop and get ready for our mission spaghetti supper, so trust me it was a very long day!!

Also on Saturday, we had a new arrival on the farm....meet Robin!

We named her mama Susan after a lady that we go to church with, and yesterday she had the sweetest baby girl, so naturally we named her Robin, after Susan own daughter!! We're keeping with the family here!! Mama and baby are doing very well and will get to go and join the herd tomorrow!! Yay!

So that was my busy weekend. Today was very low key with church and an afternoon nap, just what I needed! Hope you had a great one!

8 Comments:

Darla said...

wow, i'm impressed at your 'getting you sons to smile' skills! it's no easy task and i know from experience. when i saw that ihop sign, i about had a heartattack wonder Why did she go back there? but i'm glad you are safe! haha. love ya.

Miss Behavin said...

Alright, why are you naming goats after people? Do you not like the poor woman?? Geez Louise!! Did you get my FB comment about doing my blog page?? I needs help!!

Jeanette said...

My BIL named his cows after people in the family. I would much rather be named after a goat than a cow!! I'm sure that Robin will be proud of her goat self :}

Darla said...

we are going to Nashville April 17th or 18th and will be there until the 24th...my daughter will be singing the 21rst at BB Kings Blues club as far as i know right now. other than that i don't know our plans.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Glad you got the boys to smile, it is an act of congress I know.

So glad the Po Po was a no show at the IHOP:)

Your little goat is adorable. If it weren't for the stupid Home Owners Associtation I would tell ya to send her on down.

Annette said...

Uh...those are good pics. We had a good time. Maybe we will get lots done tonight.

Robin Lambright said...

Being the mother of a less than cooperative young man i rarely get a picture of him with a genuine smile. I get the cheesy over exaggerated take my picture quick and let get this over with can we smile. He ran from the camera even when he was a little boy.

and what a sweet new addition, contrary to some comments I think all farm animals should be named after beloved friends. She is precious!

Blessings
Robin

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I have found that boys smile much easier when girls are around. :) Oh and does Robin and Susan know they have someone named after them?