Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Happenings!

Our weekend has been pretty laid back due to Bradley's recovery, so we have just hung out around the house lounging, and it has been nice!

The joke around our house is "this is going on the blog"....what that means is when ever I get the camera out, it is usually something that I am going to take a picture of to exploit on my blog, and usually that is something funny or embarrassing the kids have done. Well let me set up this little scene for you....

Last Sunday we drove by this place in town, called the Wax Shop, and I thought it was a new candle shop so we pulled in to take a look around....NOT, it is a WAX SHOP!! You know, the one that is for hair removal. So that got us into this family conversation about waxing unwanted hair, and it ended up with a home wax kit purchased from Wal-mart, for the sole benefit of putting me in unwanted pain....I mean waxing my legs. Actually it is for the sole benefit of the kids having a great time watching me put myself in total pain for their amusement!

Anyways the point of this story is, yesterday I finally got brave enough and put a little tiny bit of wax on my legs and I yanked it off in pure "what was I thinking pain mode"!!! They loved the piercing screech of pain in my scream and it turn into a whole family affair with me on the couch and Jeremy with this evil grin with the wax container.

The next thing I remember, through the sheer pain and agony of my screams, is a flash going off and the kids saying....."This is going to be great on the blog!!" Unknowing to them.....I CONTROL my blog and the picture will not show up....EVER!! But I did mention it for their pure amusement! So there....I hope they're happy!

Moving on to more pleasant things....here are a few pictures of my nephews walking in a parade that benefits the Wolfson Children's Hospital in Jacksonville Florida, it's called the Red Wagon Parade and you can read more about it here. This year they fixed their wagon up as a Star Wars theme. The first picture is of our nephew Joseph, he is dressed up as a Storm Trooper.

Here is our youngest nephew, Ryan and he is actually riding in the...uhm...space ship thing...called the uhm....I am not sure, but I am sure the Star War fans will let me know.

Here is Caleb and Ryan dressed and ready to go. Caleb is Darth Vader and Ryan of course, Luke Skywalker (not a very happy Luke, by the looks of it!!).

Here is a picture of the actual parade, and one of those big Storm Troopers is my brother-in-law Arty, but I am not sure which one!! :)


And one last one of Ryan in the wagon, being pulled around! That's my idea of participating in a parade!!


Last, but not least, Higgins!! You know that I would have to fit him in here somewhere!! As I was sitting here blogging about our exciting weekend, Higgins was messing around with the book case and kept pushing something with his nose. At first I thought, I was going to have to kill him for pulling a book out of the case to chew on it, but upon closer inspection, he was hiding his toy froggy in the books. after a few seconds of intently pushing froggy into the book case he was happy and strolled along in pursuit of terrorizing other things in the house! Of course another picture opportunity for the blog.

When I got down on the floor to take a picture of froggy in all his cuteness hanging out in the book case, Higgins was disturbed by my intrusive behavior and took action!


Higgins, rescued froggy and took off to hide him again in a location that I guess I will never know! The last thing I heard was the squeak, squeak of froggy rounding the corner into the living room!! Again, even the dog is affected by my blog picture taking!


I guess that sums up our weekend hanging out at home, I hope you had a great weekend too!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the wax thing is pretty funny! And of course Higgins.....

Luvvies, Annete

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely hilarious! Ahhh ha ha ha, the wax thing, then the dog, how funny!? P.S. A little hint for the waxing. Put a towel into a bowl full of water and ice, as soon as you pull the strip off, apply the towel. (learned this through a woman that does bikini waxing--she went to the school of professional waxers) ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Aw, NOT fair...I want to see the waxing pictures!!!! This was all way funny. I can just here all ya"ll making jokes in my head!!! LOL
Stacey

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed reading these posts, and Higgins is to die for.