Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fight Procrastination Day & Update On Bradley

**********BRADLEY UPDATE**********
Bradley is in quite a bit of pain, and the pain pills are making him very grumpy. He really needs to take a nap, but he is fighting it because it hurts to lay down. Please keep him in your prayers the next few days....I think they will be challenging to say the least! Also, Blessed with Five asked if his team won, sadly no. Bradley said that if they were winning and not losing he would of been watching the game and not playing football himself, so he blames the team for his collarbone!! Go figure, that would come from a mouth of a 14 year old!!

Yep, they have a day for everything and today is my day! Procrastination is such a way of life for me that I actually preform better after procrastinating. After putting something off for so long there is little time to waste in getting it done, because simply there is no time left to do it, so it must be done immediately!! So today is my day to fight procrastination......

I will make a decision.

I will take action.

I will do it now.

I will do it today.

Now all I have to do....is do it!! Of course while procrastinating I came across the procrastinator creed, enjoy!

Procrastinator's Creed


1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.

2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.

4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect from missing them.

5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.

6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though infinitesimally small, is not exactly zero.

8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.

9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.

10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.

11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task.

12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/plan/plan.

13. I will never put off tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.

14. I will become a member of the ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (The Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that the team lost. I can understand Bradley's disappointment and pain. Pain meds can be nasty.

I hope you feel better soon Bradley.