Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Long Day...Surgery Update

Three of Bradley's favorite things:

  1. Food
  2. Cell Phone
  3. Hat

First and foremost, Bradley's most favorite things in the world (besides his Mom) is FOOD!! Food has always been his love, to the point when he was a toddler, he walked around with either a spoon or a fork. We would always tease and say "you never know when a steak may come about"!!

Bradley's worst fear about his surgery is that it would be scheduled late in the day and he would not be able to eat all day! Yep, his fear came to reality with a surgery time of 2pm.

Another one of Bradley's favorite things is his cell phone! He sat in the bed and texted up until the point that they came to put the block in his shoulder. Which was funny, because the look on his face when they took the cell phone from him and gave it to me, was priceless!

Then there is the hat! Bradley is always, always wearing a hat, which held true today also! When we got there today and after they processed us in, he had to strip down to his undies and put on the lovely gown with no back, his hat was not coming off!

So here is the first picture of the day, Bradley after his strip tease...with his beloved hat still on his head!


When they put the block in his shoulder, we had to go to the waiting room and when they were done, Bradley's camouflage hat was replaced with this lovely blue, puffy fashion statement. Good thing they drugged him for the block, because I do not think he realized that his hat was gone and replaced with this hideous thing!!


Bradley was wheeled into surgery about 2:15pm, which was a relief to us all, because when they processed us in, we were told that is doctor was running an hour late....ughh...I thought Bradley was going to throw a drop down hissy fit!

Here is Jeremy, doing what Jeremy does best.........SLEEPING! That makes me so mad, he can sleep anywhere, anytime, no matter what!


And last, but not least, here is Bradley after surgery. Did I mention it was a long surgery, the doctor strolled out right at 4:30pm, to my horror. I could not believe that it took so long, so being the mom I am, I questioned him about it! Yep, and he calmly explained that this surgery takes time. I guess a plate and six screws does take some time, but 2 + hours?? So...are you ready.....I asked if he used a drill or a screwed the screws them in by hand, cause goodness, 2 hours?? He screwed them in by hand, go figure, I guess that may take some time, but 2 hours??

Anyways, when we got back there to see Bradley after his surgery, of course he was so drugged he could barely keep his eyes open. The first thing he asked for was where is my hat and can I have my cell phone! OooooooKaaaaaaaaa Dokey, one handed, Redneck Rebel, here's your hat...and hate it for you, but no texting tonight! Too Funny!

Thanks for the prayers and please keep praying for Bradley, because after the block wears off, it is going to be a pretty painful journey for him!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Pooooooor B-Bo!!!!! I had my wisdom teeth taken out last Friday and I'm still fighting that battle... a week later. UGH! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!!!! Tell him cousin Ashley LOVES him!!! Or maybe I should text him and tell him. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I hope he is doing better. I love the blue hat, tell Aunt Jenny has had to wear those many times. I will call you in a bit to check on him.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Patrice: I think your blog design is awesome. It is my current favorite. I'm so sorry for your boy. My 19 y.o. had his share, too, only it was usually his nose (3 x!) I'm really enjoying your posts. And any mom who can call her kid a Redneck Rebel has inched her way into my heart!