Monday, September 29, 2008

Outside My Window...


September 29, 2008

Outside My Window...it is turning light outside, a new day. I love getting up early in the morning to see the transformation from dark to light, it is so surreal. I have missed this for years, but now that the older boys are back in public school, I am enjoying this quite time again...Thank Lord, you know what I need!

I am thinking... about my family. It has been rough lately and there seems to be no end in sight. Yesterday, My Aunt Iris passed and just maybe God will use this in a positive way to make some realize that unresolved anger and bitterness is hurting precious family bonds. I trust and lean on God more than ever to pull me through and I pray that relationships are not beyond repair. I also pray that I will not miss an opportunity for peace because of my hurt and my own stubbornness!

I am thankful for... My hubby and boys. It is so funny...last night praying, I was laughing at how my prayers have changed over the course of our marriage, and the addition of each child into our family. It's all good and looking back, goodness, I can not believe it has been 17 1/2 years since we started our family of 2 and then added to it, making it a complete family of 5! Wow!

From the kitchen...I can see, NO kidding, Sofie one of our goats is on my porch looking in through my french doors. I can see the wheels turning in her head and she is wanting in the house. Spoiled rotten goat! When Jeremy gets out of bed this morning, he is going to be furious at all the goat droppings on the porch, but she is just to cute to shoo off the porch!!

I am wearing...My cat PJ's. I love my cat PJ's, they are so cute, with a their little pink kitties and balls of blue yarn, saying meow!

I am creating...don't laugh, but I am trying to create some sort of masterpiece out of Sculpey Oven Baked Clay! What sort of masterpiece you ask....I could not tell you, but it will hopefully be a masterpiece when it gets done (if ever)!! I am crazy this way, I get an idea in my head and instead of waiting for it to pass, I jump right in with both feet. Stay tuned, I am sure more is to follow!!

I am going...No where today!! I love it when I have nothing planned and have to be no where! It feels good!

I am reading...Karen Kingsbury, Beyond Tuesday Morning.

I am hearing...Abbey Baby, my spoiled rotten 13 year old cat, smacking her kibbles this morning. You would think that we starve her. This morning as she was begging me to get off the computer and feed her, looking so pitiful, and when I poured her food in the dish she attacked it as if it has been weeks since she has last ate. I think there is a theme with all our animals, SPOILED!!

Around the house...there are many projects that I want to tackle. For years hubby has wanted to enclose our back porch and make it into a formal dining room. Trust me when I say formal, I really do not mean formal, in the since that it will not get used except for holidays. I mean formal in the since that it sound good! It will be more of an addition on to the kitchen. Also, I am wanting wood floors in the living room and an all new and improved mud room. Big plans are churning around in my head!!

One of my favorite things...is animals...is that coming as a shock to you?? Really, sitting here typing, my precious Abby Baby is sitting here on my computer desk looking at me with that "I love you more than life" look!! Maybe I can get my kids to take a few notes from her!!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Organization!! I need organization in a bad way!! I think that procrastination and LACK of organization go hand in hand! But I have a plan...(that kinds of reminds me of Martin Luther's speech, I have a dream....) Anyhoo, I plan on this week, making an attempt to organized Joey school work and my kitchen. Since we do his school in the kitchen, I need to make our kitchen more home school friendly, without making kitchen look like a school!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


This is my precious Abbey Baby, the first picture went beyond red eye to uncorrectable yellow eye, so I put on an additional picture of her, the second one, she looks so mean, so that's why there are two! She is my love, my world and my constant!!

6 Comments:

Heart 4 My Home said...

What a fun read. Thanks for sharing. I so enjoyed you photos of your fur-babies.

~blessings

Jeanette said...

A goat on your porch? That is one I have not heard of ;}

Love Karen Kingsbury and wish I had one of her books to read today. Chilly and rainy - before for curling up in my cuddly robe and reading. But is it not to be - the house needs cleaned and the groceries put away.

Enjoy your day, I am envious!

Hugs!

Marlayna said...

Your goat on the porch made me giggle and I could almost picture it. I would love that.

I also love Karen Kingsbury. I had a hard time with that series but reading Beyond Tuesday Morning was all worth it. I started Sunset this weekend.

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

I am sorry for the loss of your Aunt. Thanks for giving a "peek" into your daybook!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I can't belive Abbey Baby is still alive! I guess I would have heard about it if she had passed!
She looks good for her age...lol
I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Maybe this will fix all your family problems. I mean, family is our strenght, right? They have to realize that family is everything! It will get better just keep praying.
Love you, Stacey

Anonymous said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah..... Abby baby is gettin old, and so are we..UGH
Thanks for the laundry detail...

Luvvies, Annette