Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Little Of This & Some Of That

First, I was very excited to wake up to a little bit of snow on the ground…nothing like snow to get you into the Christmas spirit!!  I love waking up to snow, it so refreshing and clean to me and this snow is the prefect kind…just a little that doesn't mess your day up, but so pretty!  Here’s the view from my front porch this morning.

SDC11678

It’s been a very busy couple of weeks, and I think that this is the first Saturday morning that I did not have to be woken up by the alarm clock.  So wonderful!  Actually, there is not much on the agenda today except for a Christmas party this evening, and I can’t tell you how good that feels!

Last night we went to a friends house for a little “redneck” get together!  Some hate being called a redneck, but others embrace it like it’s a winning lottery ticket!  HA!  I wish I would of remembered to snap a few pictures of the spread of food…it was amazing.   There were “2 steps form hell” hamburgers that were stuffed with jalapenos and cheese, stuffed polish sausage with sauerkraut and wrapped bacon, grilled to a golden brown and many other scrumptious concoctions!  It was rather yummy! 

Then we had to play the Dirty Santa and Pass The Trash games!  Some of the things that people come up with for gifts, baffles me!  Here are a few…

SDC11661

Enough said!  HA!

 SDC11663 Every one loves boxers!

 SDC11665

I guess they go good with a roll in the hay!

 SDC11667

Hot pickle, anyone?

 SDC11668 This poor  lady couldn’t catch a break!

SDC11669 Our lovely hostess, Beth!

It was a great night of fun, a little chilly on the outside, but very warm & delightful on the inside where all the fun was of course!!

Well I guess that covers a little tiny bit of my busy schedule that hasn't allowed me to clean my kitchen!  I guess I need to get busy cleaning before tomorrow starts and it’s back to the non-stop running of the season...

0 Comments: