Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last RD for 2009

I was a late comer to the Random Dozen, but better late than never, right? Anyhoo, here goes my answers to the last of RD for 2009…

1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?

No not really. With family you share all the same germs anyways from living in such close proximity to each other. Friends…it really does not bother me. Now if they were missing teeth from lack of brushing, I might have to think twice, but all my friends have all their teeth…I think…

2. What have you learned this year?

Wow, a tough question to answer. I think that the most profound thing I learned this year is that my husband and children are the most important things to me, period! My hubby loves me unconditionally, faults and all and ditto goes for him. My children have my love, no matter what they do, through thick and thin, failures and triumphs. In the end all we really have is each other and that is all that matters.

3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?

January 2nd. One year I took the decorations down right after Christmas and it was a bad year. I am not superstitious, but why chance it.

4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:

Getting my kitchen cabinets painted. I started painting them and need to get them finished!

5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?

We really do not get our winter (snow) until after Christmas, so I am still ready for it. Ask me this after February, I am pretty much ready for Spring by then!

6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?

I really hate to shop, or I guess I should say I really hate to deal with the onslaught of people fighting for the good sale items. So after Christmas, I really do not have a desire to fight for the after Christmas sales. But of course, if it’s something I am really wanting, beware, I am out their with the best of them!!

7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?

Does sleep count as plans?

8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?

My birthday! I think I might be getting a weekend get-a-way with my hubby…shhh!

9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)

I guess I would have to say a romantic comedy, because sometimes the drama is so suspenseful that the thrills of ludicrously that surrounds my family is ridiculous & funny!

10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.

Too much! I did scale back for a couple of months, but I am getting back into the swing of things! I usually check for new post of the blogs I stalk a couple of times a day.

11. Who runs your household?

Higgins. Our handsome and wonderful man-tasitc Chihuahua!

12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.

2010 is such a big year for us, that I guess one hope is that we are able to accomplish everything without killing each other. My oldest graduates high school and will be starting college. We are starting a goat ministry in the Dominican this June and I am wanting to go to Uganda in the fall on another mission trip. A 20 year class reunion in July and one last big family vacation as a family of five. I hope we survive!

3 Comments:

Joyce said...

Love the dog running the house...that's true here too!

Happy New Year and good luck with all you are hoping to accomplish in 2010. I have one graduating college...time flies. sigh.

quilly said...

Your blog is way cute and I love this font!

#11 -- That's why I keep asking for a dog.

Mocha with Linda said...

Well, I'm feeling lots better about being a New Year's Eve sleeper - there are plenty of us!