Thursday, December 10, 2009

Favorite Christmas Ornament

Christmas time is my favorite season of the year. I get plain ‘ol giddy when it comes time to decorate our home! There is something about the lights on the Christmas tree and decorations that makes me smile!! Today I would like to share with you my favorite Christmas Ornament.

SDC11707 It’s not much, a little red glass ball and another smaller peach ball that makes Santa's head. The white on the hat and Santa's beard has yellowed over the years. It no longer hangs on the tree, but stands on the table next to our Christmas tree. This ornament was mine as a child and it brings back special memories.

Memories of sleepless Christmas Eve nights awaiting the excitement of Christmas morning and the surprises that would be under the tree. Stockings filled with oranges, apples, nuts and other unknown treasure ready to be explored. Listening to Christmas music being played while we ate a huge Christmas feast.

This past Sunday our Children preformed their Christmas musical and on the screen pictures of children were flashed that accepted Jesus into their hearts this past year. This Christmas would be their very first Christmas! I had never thought of that before. The excitement that Christmas brings me each year is nothing compared to the excitement of spending your very first Christmas as a Christian and having received the ultimate gift. Now that is something to be giddy about!!

2 Comments:

Robin Lambright said...

I think my favorite ornamnets are the one that my kids made when they were little.

I have a baby Jesus in a manger made of pop-sickle sticks and a peanut wrapped up in a small piece of blue cloth and an angle made out of an empty toilet paper roll.

It's fun to unwrap them and remember when they were little.

Blessings
Robin

Leaon Mary said...

Patrice, I bet that was an incredible program seeing all those pictures of brand new brothers and sisters in CHRIST. THAT IS DEFINITELY something to be giddy about!!
I love your little santa ornie. I have a pink one with santa on it from my childhood that is my favorite as well. I showed it last year but I might again. Isnt' it amazing how a piece of the past can make you feel all warm n cozy inside?
I haven't been by in awhile.... so am going to go read a little more of your blog to catch up.
Have a wonderful evening!
Holykisses Lea