Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Let me Introduce Our Sponsored Son

Image034Ssenyonda Bull Kayibanda

We are so excited to have adopted this little boy from Uganda. His name is Ssenyonda Bull Kayibanda and as of right now I am calling him Bull. He is 9 years old is currently is not in school. We decided to sponsor him so he can start school right away and because he has never attended school he will be beginning in the “nursery” which I assume is like kindergarten. His father died in the war and his mother disappeared. He currently lives with his grandmother.

Some members from our church went on a mission trip a couple of months ago to Uganda where they met this precious little boy. I’m so excited to be able to play a part in his life and for him to be able to go to school. In October, I have the opportunity to go and meet him, and honesty I can not wait! Today I am getting a care package together for him that the teachers of his school will be taking back with them on the 9th. I only get to fill a gallon size ziplock bag, and I am trying to be strategic to fit all the things I want to send him. I am so excited!! Hopefully he will be just as excited about us!

It is going to be a busy year with 2010 mission trips and I have a post coming up in a few days explaining the ground floor work of a goat ministry in the Dominican that we are starting. I can truly say that God is working in a mighty way!

If you asked me 6 years ago if I would own a goat, I would of laughed at you. If you asked me three years ago if I would ever go on an international mission trip, I would of really laughed hard at you. If you asked me if I would ever go on 2 international mission trips within one year and beginning a goat ministry for one of them, I would of told you that you were crazy! God is good and what a great sense of humor He has!!

2 Comments:

Jeanette said...

YES! God is good!!!

Anonymous said...

Patrice, this is amazing!!! All of it, but especially that you're starting a goat ministry! I heard something on the Christian radio station yesterday saying they're trying to raise chickens, goats, things like that, to help provide for these families. What a great way to serve!