Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Review & No Coffee Monday

Most Christmases we are rushed to do this and that, go here and there, a whirlwind of activities that leave us exhausted and wondering where the time flew, not this year!  Christmas Eve day, we spent the day as a family just  relaxing and watching movies.  Jeremy has the day off, which in itself, was a true blessing. 

That evening we went to our Church’s Christmas Eve Candle Light service.  It was just what I needed to set the mood for the best Christmas ever!  The pastor said a simple statement that I am sure will last a life time with me.  “It’s not about the gifts under the tree, but the Gift that was on the tree.”

Christmas Eve was a very windy day and on our way home from a friends house, tummies full of chili (thanks Pam),  the wind was blowing wildly.  Just about home, Joey said, “wouldn’t it be bad if a tree was down on our driveway where we could not get home?”  Five minutes later, driving down our driveway, a tree was down.  I wish that kid could of said, “Wouldn’t be great if we won the lottery”!  HA!

SDC11749SDC11752

To this, all I can say, I am glad to be the only girl in the family!  I got to sit in the truck with my foot on the brake and take pictures while they did all the hard work!

Christmas was great and one of the big gifts this year was a Xbox 360, so that consumed our Christmas day, between the boys playing and Jeremy trying to figure out how to get Netfilx hooked up to it (and working), we pretty much camped out in our PJ’s on the couch in front of the TV all weekend.

 SDC11754SDC11758

Oh, and Santa got me a Super Mario Bros. Wii  game, so I was a super happy girl!!  Here is the view from our weekend….

SDC11744 SDC11769SDC11771 SDC11766

Could not get any better if we tried…Well that was until the weekend ended and I woke up to a no coffee Monday!  Wow, what a rude awakening to a new week!

1 Comments:

Stacey said...

OMG, I remember playing Super Mario Bros way back at the old Taylor house. We spent hours in the upstairs hallway playing away....what good memories!

Stacey