Friday, November 21, 2008

Bullets

Just let me start off with a big 'ol

UGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yep, I am aggravated and just maybe a little ill. Why, you ask?

Let me explain with a few bullets....don't duck I am not shooting anyone, I am talking about the cute little dots that sometimes makes my life ever so happy! A few reasons for my pity party of one:
  • My throbbing headache that is raging in my head.
  • My heavy eyelids that would love to connect with the bottom half to fall into a deep slumber.
  • The laundry that is piled up on the floor that would love to be washed, but can not because of the 17 degree weather that has frozen my water line.
  • The family that is heading up my way and will be here in less than 24 hours.
  • That same family that will be walking into my home, thinking to themselves that I never wash laundry.
  • My dog, who is snoring so loud, and is really upsetting me because he is in the deep slumber that I am longing to be in.
  • My DVR that decided to die the last 10 minutes of CSI where I could not hear, but only watch what was going on.
  • The same DVR that regained it's voice as soon as that show was over to announce the commercial that followed.

OK, I know. 'Tis the season of Thanksgiving. The pity party needs to be over, clean it up and move on right? To that, let me again say

UUGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

For the fun of it, let throw a few more bullets in! Reasons I should be thankful:

  • Eventually I will fall asleep!
  • Our wonderful family that will be here in less than 24 hours.
  • That same wonderful family that will be here in less than 24 hours and how they will not snicker and point. They will wait until I am not looking and talk bad behind my back for not doing my laundry on nights when the temperature is above 32.
  • That same family (sis-in-law) with that wonderful OCD that I long to inherit will help me wash that mount Everest size load(s) of laundry!
  • Hubby survived his epidural this afternoon and is resting comfortably snoring loudly in our bed.
  • Our children one day will have children of their own to drive them nuts to shower them with love.
  • The wonderful potato soup that I will be making tomorrow. Yum-O!

So I guess I need to get over myself and be happy, huh?? Yep, I am getting better because that wonderful pain pill that I took to get rid of my headache will be kicking in soon and I will be ready for bed, FINALLY!!

So I am off to join Hubby and Higgies and hopefully I will be snoring as loudly as they are in just a few minutes!

Have a great evening!

4 Comments:

Jeanette said...

I hope you rest well girl - you deserve a good nights rest before all the family floods thru the door!

Can you send some of those meds my way? Sometimes I could use some help to get to sleep.

Susan Storm Smith said...

Reading and shaking my head .. yup ... hope you are well rested by the time you read this, and the new day is a joy beyond measure.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA. I would not think that you never do laundry silly girl, I would be thinking um hello does anyone else in this house know how to do laundry besides Patrice LOL:) Anyway Pipes frozen kinda makes it impossible. I will help you when we get there, because I love you soo much:) We should be leaving around 8 a.m. I think, that is if everyone would get their rumps up.

Jenny

Jennifer said...

I hope that you had a very restful evening adn that you find some time to relax this weekend! The holidays tend to be stressful for everyone!