Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is Dad's birthday.


November 13 a day that has always been one of my favorite days of the year. A day where I look forward to trying to be the first to call him to wish him a Happy Birthday and a day that was set aside for celebration. Celebrating a day that my dad welcomed another year.

Wow, I had to really dig deep to find this photo. I know that I had it in my vast, endless black hole of unorganized chaos that I call my picture trunk!! But I found it, and this picture shows best the true love that is between a daddy and a baby girl. If my dad was around, there I would be, stuck up his butt, so close that you would have to pry me away with a crowbar.

Today I will quietly celebrate my dad's birthday by myself. Sure I will call, but there will be no great fanfare like birthday's in the past, just a plain simple call to wish him the greatest and happiest birthdays.

It's not happy, not the day I would of envisioned. My parents do not agree with something I did. Bridges burned over something so stupid, you would think that they would be proud of my family, but not this time. Instead of forgiveness being the greatest thing it turned my family against me. Go figure.

Anyways, Happy Birthday Dad, have a great one!

3 Comments:

Technonana said...

Sweet Patrice, It will be okay, in the passing of time. We each have to come to the place you did, in our own time. My family(husband,children) have a hard time understanding how I can forgive a wrong that was done to my extended family. I'm just in a different place than they are. I'm not saying it didn't take me a while to get there.. it did. Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting the wrong that was done. But it does release you from holding on to the pain that was caused, so that you can get out of the pit and on with life. But there is nothing wrong with remembering the pain and not letting yourself be hurt again.

Greg C said...

I am still on rocky terms with my mother for numerous reasons. All I can manage to do is be friendly but it will never be like it was long ago. Sometimes the hurt is just too deep. I do forgive her but I can't forget.

Jeanette said...

Time and prayers = healing

Hugs my friend!