Monday, January 25, 2010

A Quick Weekend Recap & 90 Days

Wow, what a weekend….Saturday I celebrated, ahem, my 23rd birthday!  My hubby took me out of town to celebrate!!  Actually, it was a well thought out, hurry up and plan, at the last minute, we don’t have a clue, stay at home, but leave to go out of town, drive and end up where you land, kind of  trip….Makes sense, right?

Anyhoo, we ended up here…

SDC11842

Asheville NC at the Biltmore Estate.  It was beautiful.  We toured the house and then took a behind the scene tour.  Amazing.  That evening we also went and toured the winery and took part in wine tasting!  I can say for certain that I do not like dry wine!  HA!  It was a great day and fantastic weekend, too bad my birthday is not every weekend!  It’s nice to be so loved!!

blessing amid chaos

Also, don’t forget next Monday, February 1st we will begin our 90 day trip through the Bible.  If you want to join in, come by my blog on Sunday Evening for the verses for the week and also sign up with Mister Linky to help and encourage others that are reading the Bible in 90 days.  For more information check out the original post here!  Also, grab the above button and encourage others to join us!  I can’t wait!

5 Comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

ha, I asked one of the boys this weekend..where did your mom go? Oh, I think somewhere in Wisconsin.LOL

Jeanette said...

How cool is that?! I would love to go there sometime :}

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!

Anonymous said...

Patrice - we might be coming to a marriage retreat at Lifeway's conference center (ridgeway?? idk) in May & one of the 'excursions' is the Biltmore. Of course you have to pay extra. I've never been. I grew up going to the Smokey Mtns almost once a year & we drove over a few times, but back then my parents weren't willing to shell out the dough. Can NOT wait until 90 days starts. It is certainly going to be a challenge for me. I'm up to seeing how well I endure.... blessings my friend!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I am glad ya'll had fun. I will join in your challenge, but you know I am lazy so I will need lots of encouragement :)

Patrice and Higgins said...

Crystal, I would pay the additional $$, we really enjoyed it! You and Jenny are going to get lots of encouragement from me...90 days will seem like a breeze!!!! Y'all can do it!!!