Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Heavy Heart

My heart is so saddened with the news of Haiti.  Having been to the Dominican twice on mission trips and seeing the poverty that abounds and knowing that Haiti is much worse, makes my heart ache.

I’ve seen first hand the homes and living conditions and I can only imagine the devastation that they must be facing as a country.  Please join me in prayer for the families that are facing loss, for the children without homes and for those who are searching for loved ones among the  debris that once was their homes. 

4 Comments:

sara said...

praying with you.

Robin Lambright said...

We are all praying for Hatti. The director of our Elder Respite Care Program has a husband serving on in the mission field in Hatti. She has yet to hear from him. We were praying for all those serving in the mission field last night at church.

It is truly heartbreaking to see all the devastation in that area.

Your Friend
R

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Praying for them. It is so sad.

Darla said...

I will certainly pray, our news hasn't covered this at all! if i didn't read christian peoples blogs I don't think I would have known!