Monday, December 1, 2008

Dare To Wear



Mama Belle
over at Bayou Belle and Their Beau hosted this little nightmare, I mean fun little thing called Dare to Wear. Of course I am up to any challenge and everyday for me is a Dare to Wear day because I just close my eyes and pick something and pray that it will fit!!

So what did I Dare to Wear today?? I brought these funny looking sock that go beyond the knee from a yard sale. Okay, I am getting past this, I purchased them from a YARD SALE for a dollar!!

They were never worn and still in the package. Only if that person would of met Mama Belle she would of never sold them but wore them herself and posted her picture on a blog for the world to see!! Shucks!!

Anyhoo, this is a total bad mistake for me. Let me use bullets to explain why.....

  • Round people should not wear stripes
  • Most importantly stripes on fat stubby legs
  • They made my legs look like really round stuffed sauages stuffed into striped socks!

I could really go on and on here, but I will stop!

I really liked these long socks and they look cute with a demin shirt but I really need to lose an ounce or two before I wear this again!!

8 Comments:

Unknown said...

I'm too sure about these. At least you didn't spend a whole lot of money. They're a little too stripedy for me. I don't think they'd look good on even Twiggy's legs.

Thanks for participating and being such a good sport.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

You are a hoot! ;)

Anonymous said...

These are tights my daughter would just LOVE.

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh out loud (from your commentary, not the socks!)! Awesome post!!!

Greg C said...

Call me crazy but I liked them. If only you had some pink fuzzy slippers, your outfit would be complete. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to give you credit . . . great post!

Sara@iSass said...

I'm with Greg, throw on some fuzzy slippers.
I like the tights. But I don't like that YOU don't feel comfortable in them. I feel like a sausage in most everything I wear!
I think the tights are cute, fuzzy slippers ROCK. Not that I'm saying you should go OUT in that, but how cute that would be to come home to! I hope that you DO find something that you DO like and wear it with pride. Like Mama Belle said at least you didn't pay a lot for them.

Anonymous said...

Uh, that is pretty much hilarious!!!!! I love the tights!!! They are definetly (can't spell) in style these days.

Luvvies, Annette

PS.... we need a yaya night!!!!