Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Birthdays, Reindeers & Sweets, OH MY!

BIRTHDAYS


Today is Hubby's Birthday!! Yippee!!

It was a little bit of a hectic day. Jeremy works 2nd shift so he did not crawl into bed until around 1 am last night. Now that I am working and the older boys are in high school, it makes an adventurous day of festivities. So this morning DJ made his dad chocolate muffins, and then we woke him up at 6:30am to open presents!

After that Hubby went back to bed and we were off to work and school. The boys had mid-terms so they got out of school early today so we all met at Olive Garden for lunch! Busy, busy day, but we do what we have to do to squeeze in time for celebrations!! Of course I forgot my camera so no pictures of all the fun!

REINDEER'S


My dear BFF Greg sent me these wonderful little critters!! The reindeer's are made from Christmas lights and they have a pin on the back where you can wear them!! Greg, oh how exciting it is to receive something soooo cute, and I want you to know that I am going to pay one forward!

Since I am surrounded by a house full of boys, and I am sure that I would never get one of my teenagers to wear one of these, I am taking the other to work to give to Connie! She is the other Ministry Assistant at my work and everyday she wears a different Christmas pin, and I am excited to share in my wealth!! We will match! So Greg, thanks so much! If I can remember I am going to take my camera to work and hopefully I will remember to snap a picture!!


SWEETS & TREATS



Instead of making a cake for Hubby's birthday, I made his favorite.....magic cookie bars! By the looks of this picture, you can tell that we like the middle for some odd reason!!



Yesterday, Hubby had a Christmas party at work and while playing the Dirty Santa game, he stole a towering box of chocolates. Goodness, my butt is growing by the second this season!!




Now this is special!! Remember how we got Higgins?? If you did not read my blog back then, Bradley went to volunteer his time at a dog rescue shelter. He got a little confused and although he did clean out cages, weed-eated and did other chores around the shelter, he gave way more than his time, he took Higgins off their hands! Of course at the time I was not a happy camper about having another dog to invade my house, but now......OH MY GOODNESS......I love my Higgies!!!

Anyhoo, the lady that runs the shelter, made my Higgies homemade dog treats! She sent a whole bag for him to share with others! They are cute little bones and hearts and you would think they are made from steak or something, because they love them!! So at least my butt is not the only one expanding around this house, the dogs are packing it on too!!

Well to my dismay, while I was typing my post and telling you how wonderful Higgins is, he decided to go outside to do his nightly constitution and also roll around in horse poo, so now I have to give him a bath! UGHH!

2 Comments:

Jeanette said...

We have some of those reindeer "pin" that have been made into ornaments. They look really cute hanging on the tree!

Higgins - bad Higgins!! No rolling in poo poo ;{

Greg C said...

I don't know why dogs have to do that. A dog I used to have, once rolled on a dead animal and we all had to run from her to keep from gagging. She thought it was a game so she chased after us. Finally I had to hold my breath and clean her. Man was that stinky. I am glad you liked the pins and that you are sharing them with a friend. I couldn't get my son to wear one either. What's up with that. I thought they were stylish.