Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This Is Wrong!!

I am sure you have heard by now about the man that died working a temporary job at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. If not, you can check out the article here.

What is happening here? I know our country is in a financial crisis, but is it worth a life to save a couple of bucks for a Christmas gift? For the life of me, I can not even wrap my brain around this one.

Did they stop to help this poor man? Did they not feel themselves stepping on someone? Geeze, I know that it was around 2,000 shoppers but my goodness, is human life worth the sale?

Okay Wal-mart you are not off the hook on this one either. In the article it states "We are saddened to report that a gentleman who was working for a temporary agency on our behalf died at the store and a few other customers were injured. Our thoughts and prayers are with their families at this difficult time."

If Wal-Mart was so saddened, after a worker lies dying on the floor of this store could they issue a statement over the intercom and tell shoppers to exit the store and close the doors for the day? No, sales and the almighty dollar are far more important than life. As this poor man lay dying they continued raking in money for sales.

UUGGHHHHHHHHH! This blows my mind, I can not understand this!!

I could not in good conscience, give a gift to someone that I purchased at this Wal-mart, knowing that a man lost his life for it!! Am I the only one bothered by this???

6 Comments:

Jeanette said...

NO! My daughter saw this clip and was mortified. My 14 year old daughter knew that this was wrong! How did the people trampling him not know it was wrong?!

I feel the same way - Walmart should have closed the doors and refused any sales for the day - or at least until the emergency people and coroner left. I can't even imagine people continuing to shop with a dead man on the floor of the store!!!

Unfortunately, the world and country we live in believe that they are the only ones to be concerned about - if it helps ME and gets ME ahead then all is fine. No morals no thought for anyone else.

OK off my soapbox!

Greg C said...

It bothers me too. I also heard about shootings that happened after people were arguing about presents. Is that what Christmas is all about? People just don't care anymore.

Anonymous said...

I am appalled by what happened and totally agree with you . . . the store should have been closed out of respect for this man. Shame on them! Shame on the people as well! Someone should be made to answer for this!

Love your Christmas page . . . so cute!

Robin Lambright said...

This is so very sad. However I am not surprised by the actions of the “general public”. The desire to get a deal or to get there first or to score big is so out of control especially with the economy being the way it is. I find is so vey sad that a man lost his life because of the greedy and out of control actions of a mob. It just goes to prove what happens when sin takes over. The evil one is so very proud of himself and the influence over these people and their actions.

EPH 2:1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

It is very clear that all these people followed the ways of the world, and a man lost his life over their greed and selfishness.

Blessings
Robin

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

It makes me sick to my stomach...

Jennifer said...

Patrice,
This clip is so heartbreaking.
I heard of this right after it happened and it just killed me!
We will continue to pray for safety and the family of those affected!