Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sleepless Night

I have so much to do before we leave early Saturday morning, and I find myself unable to sleep and really not in the mood to do anything else. I would start going through our stuff and actually start packing, but that would wake up hubby, so I guess I will blog instead!!

Tonight, everyone in my key group at church, was so supportive and excited about what God has in store for me on this mission trip to the Dominican. I love all the faith they have in me and the encouragement that they poured out was so great. I just am feeling so unworthy and so asking God "Why me? Why send me on this mission trip when there are so many others that are more qualified than me to go."

I have this HUGE fear of flying. I do not like roughing it at all, and my idea of camping is sleeping with the ceiling fan off! (I kid you not!!) I am scared of the dark and any bug that crawls upon this earth makes me run in a different direction. And here I am going to another country to share the gospel of Jesus, our Lord and Savior and sharing God's love by helping those in need, and I still sleep with a night light on. My goodness, what is God thinking???

I know that I need to have faith and tell satan to back off and flee, and get my focus on the wonderful opportunities that lie ahead, but I am struggling. I am trying hard to get past the unknown and the fear, and there are days that I do great, but tonight is one of those where I can not get the thoughts to rest long enough for me to fall asleep.

Trust me, I feel this overwhelming peace to know that so many are praying for me and really wrapping me up in prayer, and that feels good. Really good!!

1 Comments:

4funboys said...

Isn't it good to know He is in control... and how much He answers!

LOL
Rachel