Sunday, July 6, 2008

Keeping Your Focus On Ministry

We teach the 5th grade Sunday School Class on Sunday mornings. This morning we did not have to teach because we did not get our materials since we were in Pennsylvania at Creation Fest. So we had a rare treat to sit and listen as Jock Rucker taught our class for us.

We are learning about how God can use us in ministry, by using your special talents. Which is so easy and can be done anywhere. Jock had the class do a something this morning that was very neat. There is a large tree branch about 6 inches in diameter and about 4 1/2 feet long and it also had a fork at the end. The kids then I took the branch in our hands and balanced it where it stood on it's end with the fork at top. To begin with you have to look at your hand where the branch is resting and try to balance it, which is not possible, you may be able to hold it up for just a few seconds before it starts to fall. Then you balance it again by looking up towards the top of the branch, which makes it possible for you to balance it. (You should try this!)

This experiment teaches us, that by focusing on yourself (your hand) and not on Him, or your ministry makes it impossible. Whoo hoo! I loved it!! (as you can tell!)

So what did I gain with this experiment??? Well......that I am no longer focusing on the flight, but my focus is totally on Him and the ministry that I am going down to the Dominican for!! For those who know me very well, you will have to remind me of this experiment over, and over, and over, and over again!! But I feel so much better by thinking this way and for today................I AM BRAVE!!

So here begins my journey of faith!

Keep your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on the earth. Colossians 3:2

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it terrible - you can't even go out without all of the weirdness! Your son cracks me up - isn't it just like a boy to want to get into the midst of it all!

Glad you are all safe!