Wednesday, July 2, 2008

15 Days To Go!!

15 days till we leave for the Dominican Republic, and I have to say that I am totally freaking out!! Tonight after church we had another meeting to get ready for the trip and actually it is 16 days if I make this post by midnight, but considering it is one minute till midnight, it is officially 15 days, but who's counting......besides ME!!

Anyways tonight we got a t-shirt and a journal that we will start seven days before we leave, then continue to fill out while we are in the Dominican and also for seven days after return home. We did go over some more logistics about the trip and we will be leaving from the church for the airport at 3am, so hopefully leaving in the middle of the night will make me very sleepy, so I will sleep most of the plane trip. I highly doubt it though!

I have also been reading this book a friend gave me., "This Is Your Captain Speaking" by Ray Stark, it is a flight training guide for passengers. It is a book about noises, weather and when things go wrong. Basically it is a pilot exploring myths, facts and fears about flying. It has been helpful in a sense and one of the best things I have read so far, is the fact that the pilot does not want to die anymore than I do and he or she is going to keep that plane safe at all costs.

Also, Vicki, my friend, who works at the airport is arranging for me to take a tour of the airport and also of a plane so I can be a little more prepared. Hopefully I will not freak out to bad!!!

I will have to say, I really do not think any past the plane ride, so right now all the fear that I have is totally on the trip there and not to much of the actual mission trip itself. Do not get me wrong, I have fears and apprehensions of what is going to happen, things I will experience and the general fear of the unknown, but the plane ride is pretty much consuming all my thoughts!

0 Comments: