Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Errie Quiet Coming To An End!

I will have to say that it is so eerily quiet that the animals in the house are going insane!! Our two days of no kids are coming to an end, and I mean FAST!! Bradley will be home this evening and has already called to say that he is starving and wants me to cook him something good to eat! He is so picky and so tight with his money, I am assuming that he has hardly ate a thing since he has been gone so my vacation of no kids for two days will end with me cooking everything in site!!


The good thing.......I do not have to feed up tonight!! Ugghhh, that has been a chore, those goats, which are aggressive by the way, knocked me all over the place. Did I mention that I was scared of the dark?? Yep, terrified at any little noise, so last night everyone did not get to eat...except my dairy goat. They had to wait until midnight until Jeremy got home from work! It was a sight when I ran outside to the dairy goat pen to grab her, ran back to the garage to milk her and then after putting her back into her pen running for dear life to get back into the house before the boogie man could get me!! Funny, really I am laughing at myself!! Lucky for her that she has to be milked or she would of been out of luck like the rest of everyone else!

Anywhooo....how else have we spent two days of no children in the house?? SLEEP!! Did I mention the the house has this eerie quietness about it? Yesterday morning I crawled out of bed at a little after 10am and this morning wasn't pretty either!! It has been so nice sleeping in and really easy also, when there are no kids begging for breakfast and putting ice packs on your back to get you out of bed!! The funny thing is Bradley's poodle Bandit and Maggie, our tiny pom have been right there sleeping right along with us, so we are not the only ones enjoying ourselves in dreamland!
To end the no kids adventure, today we went antiquing and were on a mission to find something to hold our toothbrushes, a cross, and a small, round metal something to hang on the wall in the living room next to the window. I am going shabby chic and I am wanting to re-do walls in our house, so that was the list and the agenda of the day. Oh the finds that we made!!

Here is a Home Interior mirror that I found for $25 bucks! I was not looking for this but my mom and Annette (my cousin) brought this mirror last year for $100, so it was the find of the day!

Here is the cross that I got, of course Jeremy did not like it, but I thought it was perfect!

The toothbrush holder. It was just what I was looking for!

As for the metal, small round something I was looking for, I really did not find what I was after, but we did come across this cross that I thought we could break free from the base and hang it on the wall and use the base as a candle holder...but it is put together really well, so Jeremy will have to take care of this tomorrow for me!

Here is the wall that I re-did. at first there were only the two small cat pictures up, so I added another cat picture and the cross, and the empty spot up top, where the small, round metal something was going to go, will be replaced with the metal cross when we get it dismantled!!

For those on the countdown with me, 10 days left before we head to the Dominican!!

0 Comments: