Friday, July 18, 2008

Not Letting Satan Win This One!

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Getting ready for a mission trip should be a time of great joy, excitement and anticipation of the unknown that God has waiting for us. A time that should be spent reflecting on and getting ready mentally, emotionally and physically for what lies ahead. A time for spending quality time with the ones you love, sharing their excitement and the passion of doing what is called for you.

Our church has been spending time studying The Invisible War, by Chip Ingram. This is a powerful bible study on the invisible spiritual realm where the unseen battle rages. It prepares you with God's spiritual armor so you can have victory over the enemy. The thief comes "to steal, kill and destroy" and I can tell you that Satan is working hard in my life right know, and I refuse to let him win!

If you have been following my blog for a bit, you will see that this mission trip has been a battle for me. The unknown, the flight, and battling why God has chosen to send me has really been consuming my thoughts. In the past week I really have been spending time in His Word, preparing myself, and actually getting excited, about this upcoming day. Yesterday morning I woke up with a sense of peace, and actually being ready for the first time to lay all my worries at His feet and go faithfully! Wow, that is really big.

Satan would not have it that way. He worked hard yesterday, to the point where I almost called it quits at the last minute, almost walked away from what I knew could possibly be a life changing event, not only for those we are going to serve, but for myself also.

My hubby, a wise man, called a friend, a sister in Christ yesterday, a rescuer, someone that not only had her armor of God on, but also supplied my with one yesterday as well. Not only did she show me that armor, but unknown she help put it on and get it real tight! No, it was not immediate, it took some time for me to get there. I cried, she listened, she talked, she showed me scripture, she listen more, I cried more and she walked with me through a difficult situation. She encouraged me, really, she did not let me give up, she gave me hope and most importantly woke me up to the realization that I need to pick myself up and fix my eyes on the unseen.

It still hard, it so very hard to leave with such uncertainly going on within my life. So hard to pick up and leave to a place where I should be ministering to those who may not know Christ and here I leave, going to a place I have never been, knowing that God has something big planned for me. I cry as I type this. I have been through trials in life before, big ones that consumed my life. Today, very hard to do, I am putting those huge boulders that satan threw in my path yesterday, beside me. I am sprinting to the goal and not letting him have the victory. I refuse to let him win! Is it hard? Of course, but something I have to do. Family issues will have to wait. Who knows maybe God will revel what will need to done when I get home. Maybe God will soften hearts while I am away, just maybe things will be resolved. If not, I will get through it, fixing my eyes on what is unseen, for this is temporary what I have been focusing on, but what is unseen is eternal!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to let you know that you willed be blessed tremendously for your works for Christ....

You know I love you and I am praying for you.

Annette

4funboys said...

You'll be in my prayers...

Your post reminded me...

If God didn've have plans to use you in a mighty way...Satan wouldn't bother with you...

so fight the good fight!

Look forward to reading your post about all God has shown you on your trip!