Monday, July 28, 2008

Dominican Republic Trip

Wow, what a trip! It took me a day to unwind and be able to talk about everything. My mind is running a million miles a minute, and I can not seem to concentrate my thoughts on any one particular thought! I wanted to share a few of my favorite pictures with you that I took last week. I took about a 1000 pictures in all so it was really hard to narrow down!


Here is the community that we worked in. It was called La Represa, but they had stickers on the sign for the up-coming election.

On Monday, I worked the kids club in the morning. I had the awesome opportunity to be behind the group. This is a lady that was sweeping the dirt to the tent that we would be working with the kids in. She was so excited that we were there and when eveyone (beside me) were in there, she pulled the tent back to peek in. To me this is such a touching picture, one which would reveal much to me later on that day.

Here is one of me after kids club.

A child resting in a hammock in the village that we were working in.

This village has been praying for 12-13 years for someone to come and help them build their church. Some of the elders were beginning to think that they would not see it happen. This older lady was so proud of the block being laid that she wanted to help carry them to where we were putting them. How precious! We could not get her to stop, so we got her some gloves so her hands were not get messed up.




He are two that I snapped of a child. I was standing at the front of the house and he was at the back door. So, so precious to me. Really touching.


Here is one that I snapped of a village on the side of the road.

I started a journal the week before the trip and I think later on today I am going to post some of my journal enteries. I would love to share everything that I was going through and where my thoughts were. Thank you again for all the prayers, I could really feel them and they so lifted me up!

Also, the spell check is not working so...sorry for some of the mispelled words that you might find!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the one with the little lady carrying the block. So sweet. and also the child in the hammock. I kinda makes me think that he/she is taking in all of God's work being done in their village.

Annette

April said...

Thanks for sharing!! I can't imagine what it was like!